Training For HR Practitioners
Is your company looking to reduce workforce by making staff redundant?
Have you already made cuts, but are wondering about your legal responsibilities as an employer?
Have you followed, or are you planning to follow, the correct redundancy process?
Are you interested in knowing the right procedure in order to advice top management well.
This half day training course is designed to help HR practitioners at senior level understand all of the right steps you need to take before terminating an employment contract for reason of redundancy, as failure to follow the correct procedures can lead to unnecessary court cases and prove to be a costly error.
The training offered during this session will save you time and money by avoiding the expense involved with litigation.
The session will cover:
- Define what constitutes a redundancy
- Describe the legal framework for redundancy
- Explain the process of a fair redundancy
- Describe the benefits of a systematic approach to redundancy
- Design a fair selection criteria
- Identify potential discrimination issues
- Highlight the importance of consultation with employees
- Identify the range of support measures, internally and externally, which should be provided to those being made redundant
- Identify ways in which organisations can prevent a redundancy situation
- Work effectively with trade unions and other staff representatives
- Consider issues which will impact on redundancy pay entitlement
- Deploy a range of soft skills to address challenging questions and situations
- Be aware of an employee’s entitlement to appeal
Who is it for?
HR practitioners responsible for employment issues within their organisation
Benefits to your organisation
This course will equip you with the necessarily skills for dealing with redundancy whilst understanding the potential pitfalls.
Understanding the correct steps to take through the redundancy process and being aware of your legal responsibilities will help your organisation avoid unnecessary and costly litigation, low team morale, bad publicity and potentially damaging court cases.
Benefits to your career
You will receive a certificate of training.
You will be equipped with the skills to advice your employer and also act as an external consultant to other companies facing similar issue.
Join Our Next Class
Our next class will be communicated to you.
Request For More Information
To sign up for the upcoming training, register your details in the form below. You will receive more details about the course.
To inquire on the upcoming training or for future training, please fill in your details in the form below and the Client Service Executive will get in touch. Feel free to visit our office if you want to make a one-on-one inquiry.
Watch testimonial from a previous HR training.
We are a leading HR consultancy & training firm in Kenya that recruits and trains for top firms and organisations.
We have consulted for firms such as AAR Insurance, UN Women, Honda, Hass Consult, Safaricom Investment Sacco, Nivea, Weetabix, Monarch Insurance, Davis & Shirtliff, Rafiki DTM, Car & General, etc
Our goal is to empower you and your organisation with key skills
Our certified trainers have extensive knowledge and experience in leadership and performance training
Discover Our Training CenterN.B: DONT Miss Out On Your Next JOB. Register Your CV With US. Click Here To Upload Your CV.. It's FREE.