Training For HR Practitioners. Attend and Earn 2 CPD Points
Is your company looking to reduce workforce by making staff redundant?
Have you already made cuts, but are wondering about your legal responsibilities as an employer?
Have you followed, or are you planning to follow, the correct redundancy process?
Are you interested in knowing the right procedure in order to advice top management well.
This half day training course is designed to help HR practitioners at senior level understand all of the right steps you need to take before terminating an employment contract for reason of redundancy, as failure to follow the correct procedures can lead to unnecessary court cases and prove to be a costly error.
The training offered during this session will save you time and money by avoiding the expense involved with litigation.
The half-day session will cover:
- Define what constitutes a redundancy
- Describe the legal framework for redundancy
- Explain the process of a fair redundancy
- Describe the benefits of a systematic approach to redundancy
- Design a fair selection criteria
- Identify potential discrimination issues
- Highlight the importance of consultation with employees
- Identify the range of support measures, internally and externally, which should be provided to those being made redundant
- Identify ways in which organisations can prevent a redundancy situation
- Work effectively with trade unions and other staff representatives
- Consider issues which will impact on redundancy pay entitlement
- Deploy a range of soft skills to address challenging questions and situations
- Be aware of an employee’s entitlement to appeal
Who is it for?
HR practitioners responsible for employment issues within their organisation
Benefits to your organisation
This course will equip you with the necessarily skills for dealing with redundancy whilst understanding the potential pitfalls.
Understanding the correct steps to take through the redundancy process and being aware of your legal responsibilities will help your organisation avoid unnecessary and costly litigation, low team morale, bad publicity and potentially damaging court cases.
Benefits to your career
You will earn 2 CPD points for attending and you will receive a certificate of training.
You will be equipped with the skills to advice your employer and also act as an external consultant to other companies facing similar issue.
Training will take place on Saturday 13th October 2018 from 9am to 1pm. at our Westlands office. Report at 4th floor office.
To book today, email us now on firstname.lastname@example.org and copy email@example.com. Email Subject. ‘Redundancy Training’
Watch testimonial from a previous HR training.