Advance your HR career today.
The practical HR skills training & mentorship program is for fresh graduates who pursued HR and don’t have work experience, and for professionals who work in the HR department but have no training in HR.
We also train professionals who carry out HR duties but don’t have formal training in HR. The training offers practical and customized HR skills that will help you get to the next level of your career.
We are accredited by the National Industrial Training Authority (NITA) and the Institute of Human Resource Management (IHRM).
Why Enroll For The Practical HR Skills Training & Mentorship Program?
You should enrol for the mentorship program if;
- You’re looking for career growth –To succeed in HR, you need to have an in-depth understanding of the HR department. Additionally, you need relevant practical and soft skills.
- You’re looking to kick start your career In HR – Employers are looking to hire HR professionals who have the ability to perform and excel in their HR duties. If you have little experience, you can improve on the skills and experience through practical training. This raises your chance of getting a job.
- You want to change or grow your career to HR –Professions such as office admin deal with some aspects of HR. If you’re in such a profession and would like to move into HR, this training will help you gain effective skills and practical knowledge.
What Will You Learn In The Practical HR Skills Training Program?
When you join the HR mentorship program, you’ll learn;
- How to set up and run effective HR structures and Policies. There are key structures that you should learn while getting into HR. These structures help with the seamless running of a company. They include; Developing HR policies and guidelines. Drafting employee contracts, creating job descriptions for all employees, and following the statutory requirements and guidelines.
- A deeper understanding of the Kenyan labour laws. The labour laws govern the engagement between an employer and employees. To excel in HR, you must understand and implement these laws. In this section, we cover topics such as The Employment Act, Work Injury Benefits Act (WIBA), and learning how the industrial court operates.
- How to set a performance management system. This involves creating a working environment where employees can perform to the best of their ability. In this section, you’ll learn how to set Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), the performance appraisals process, as well as what to do when one or more of the employees are not performing as per the terms in the contract.
- HR compliance. In HR, there are documents which you must have and retain in accordance with the law. We’ll share more on these documents. Additionally, we’ll look at the important employee files, payroll, and taxes. You’ll also learn how to handle the disciplinary process.
- Training and employee development. When employees are trained on the new skills in the industry, they are empowered to perform and excel in their skills. Your role, as the HR, is to determine which training is best suited, and the most efficient training method. Through the training, you’ll learn how to identify training gaps in the organization and in your employees. Additionally, you’ll also learn about the effective measures to ensure maximum performance.
- Recruitment and staffing. Getting the right employees is important a job as any. To get the best candidates, you’ll need to understand how come up with a comprehensive job description, how to advertise the position to reach the most qualified candidates, and how to efficiently conduct the interviews.
Who Should Join The HR Training?
Register for the training if;
- You’re an HR professional looking to gain practical skills and boost your career
- You studied Human Resources but have not gotten the opportunity to practice HR
- You’re in a field that relates to HR, and your duties touch on the roles of a HR, but you don’t have the qualifications needed –such as an office administrator.
- You run a small business and want to learn the best HR skills and competencies.
When & Where Is The Training Held?
The HR Training will be carried out at Corporate Staffing Training Centre –Westlands. The training duration is 5 days, Monday To Friday (9 am – 1 PM). The next training begins on Monday, 22nd July 2019.
How Do I Register For The Training?
To book a slot for the next class, send in your request to the training coordinator, Jane at firstname.lastname@example.org and copy email@example.com. Email Subject: Practical HR Skills Training & Mentorship Program.
Please indicate your mobile number for ease of communication. You can also reach Jane at 0727 767352.
You will receive timely feedback on the charges and any other relevant information. We are accredited By IHRM & NITA.