A Sample CV for Fresh Graduates
As a fresh graduate you may be wondering what information to list as part of your CV when you don’t have any work experience. Most of you have asked if you can get a sample CV for fresh graduates and if you are one of these people wondering, read on. A sample CV is only to guide you come up with a CV that markets your skills and qualifications to potential employers and gets you the interview.
So, are you having a hard time drafting your CV to apply for that job you really want? If you are, below is a sample CV focusing on candidates in the Accounting and finance profession. But just because you do not fall under these two professions does not mean you cannot draft your professional CV. As mentioned earlier, this is just a sample CV so use it to fit your own profession.
Sample CV for Fresh Graduates in Kenya
Job Seeker’s Name
P.O. Box 3020-00100, Nairobi
Tel: 07xx xxx xxx / 07xx xxx xxx
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (must be professional)
Career Profile: I am a talented and enthusiastic accounting professional knowledgeable in preparing financial reports, accounting and financial management standards, preparing accurate and timely reports and general ledger operations. I have also mastered preparing monthly financial statements, reconciling and maintaining balance sheet accounts, payroll, cash flow, budgets, fixed assets, and monitoring discrepancies. I seek to secure a challenging position that strives for organizational and personal development.
Key Skills & Competencies:
- Outstanding knowledge of accounting practices and procedures
- Good relationship management & negotiation skills in liaising with Banks and other financial institutions.
- Deep knowledge of international finance
- Strong analytical skills
- Sound Ability to handle multiple tasks, set priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to analyze and interpret complex financial data
Education & Professional Qualifications:
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Part II, April 2016
- Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting option), Kenyatta University, 2015
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education, Name of School, 2011
Intern – Accountants Assistant;
Kenya Reinsurance Corporation Ltd, September 2015 – January 2016;
- Prepared periodic financial statements, including profit and loss accounts, budgets, cash flows, variance analysis
- Analyzed financial performance and so contributing to medium and long-term business planning/forecasts
- Reconciled Portfolio premiums and loss entries and withdrawals
- Managed daily accounting activities and credit control including cash management, receivables and payables
- Ensured proper filing and safe custody of records of accounts
- Implemented procedures, risk management and internal control
Independent Electoral Boundaries Commission (IEBC) – 2013 February
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implementing electoral training plans developed by the Commissions headquarters.
- Developed and distributed electoral training materials at cascaded levels.
- Carried out actual training of the Presiding Officers and their deputies with supervision of recruiting officers
- Supervising and evaluating other individuals engaged in the training of clerks
- Assessed the evaluation forms and compiled electoral training reports
- Organizing Secretary – Kenyatta University Economics Students Association (KUESA)
- Prayer Coordinator – Kenyatta University Christian Union (KUCU), 2010-2011
Awards/ Merits and Recognition
- Best Student…
- Certificate of ….
Crossword puzzles, Travelling, Playing Scrabble (Only include your hobbies if they add value to your profession)
Please feel free to contact the under mentioned in regard to my competence, work ethic and performance
1.Name, Title, Contact address & email
2.Name, Title, Contact information
3.Name, Title, Contact.
Was this sample helpful? Leave a comment below. Would you like us to cover something specific? Comment below.