Are You Where You Want To Be? Create the change you want in your career and life. Change is possible.
Are you going through this in your career?
- I don’t know what my next step is? Are you feeling lost? Has your career stagnated? Do you want to achieve a lot more in your career but don’t know where to start? What do you do when do not seem to be moving at the pace you want?
- I want a new challenge. You have an okay job but you feel that you can achieve more. You see others with similar education and experience but doing much more. Your salary has stagnated. You strongly feel that at your age you should have achieved more. Are you feeling ready for the next challenge but wondering where to start? Have you plateaued and looking for a way out?
- I am at a crossroad. You are at a point in your life where you have to make an important career decision. You could be facing a crisis or an important milestone. With choices come decisions. Do you want to change jobs? Have you been recently retrenched or have you just left employment? Do you have an upcoming interview and it’s your dream job. Do you want to move to another industry? Are you are thinking of quitting employment? You need an expert to guide you.
- I am lacking – You want to develop your expertise. You lack confidence, leadership skills, communication and presentation skills or any other important skill. Others have mentioned that you have potential but are lacking in one or two areas. You need to start believing in yourself. You want to brand yourself differently. You want to get ahead but something is holding you back. You want to grow and develop by acquiring the right skills. You want to be the kind of professional that gets headhunted. It’s time to have an impact.
- I need a mentor – You need someone to guide you to become the best version of myself. You need a professional to be bouncing off ideas and seeking advice.
What Career Coaching Can Do For You
Coaching will help you realize your strengths, goals and what you are capable of doing. Most importantly, coaching will teach you new ways of thinking and operating, and new skills that will allow you to reach your goals and create the career you want.
Whether you want to know the next step to take, how to face a challenge or how to make an important career and life decision I can help. Coaching will help you take control of your career and achieve inner peace.
Who Is A Coach?
A coach is a guide and an expert in a subject matter. When you are sick, you seek medical attention from a doctor. If your car has issues, you go to a mechanic. If you want to lose weight, you consult a doctor or a nutritionist.
If you have career or professional issues, you consult a career coach.
Talking to family and friends is good but it will not yield results, as they are not experts.
I have 15 years experience in HR and have consulted for large and medium-sized organisations across East Africa. I also interact with professionals across various industries and sectors.
I, therefore, know what it takes to succeed in Kenya as a professional. See my profile below.
Frequently Asked Questions About Coaching
- Who do you coach – I work with professionals who are experienced in their career. If you have over 8 years experience or you’re in a position of responsibility or leadership i.e. supervisor, manager etc then coaching suits you. I have worked with senior professionals ad executives in the IT, NGO, Banking, UN, Supply chain, Marketing and the Telecommunication industry.
- Is coaching similar to counselling? They are similarities in that you have to be open and honest. However, counselling focuses on the emotional and psychological aspects of our lives. Counselling also relates to the past. Coaching does not target your emotions or past life. It is also futuristic in that you get to focus on the future and how to remedy situations. We do not dwell on what happened in the past and which you can’t change. All our coaching sessions are confidential.
- Can I get a job after coaching – While at Corporate Staffing we assist professionals to get hired, coaching is not suitable for you if you are desperately looking for a job or to change jobs. I empower professionals to have better careers. However, should an opportunity arise I’d be happy to recommend you? However, I cannot guarantee you a job.
- How many sessions do I need? The first session is a face-to-face discovery session and it is to help me understand who you are, where you are coming from and how coaching can help you. You’ll also get to know me as a coach. With the first session, we determine how many sessions you need. Some clients find a solution in the first meeting while others prefer a longer engagement.
- What happens during the other sessions? During the other sessions, I act as your mentor and guide. You will receive homework assignments, follow up emails and any resources you will need plus my personal support to help you achieve the important goals you’ve defined. I also act as your accountability partner ensuring that you remain focused.
- When should I see a coach? If you are reading this then it means you are not happy with where you are. It’s time to seek an expert. Do not procrastinate. Make a decision today and seek expert help. Some professionals seek my help when it is too late. The best time to change your career and life – if you really, truly, absolutely want to change it – is TODAY, not someday, tomorrow, later, next month or next year. It’s TODAY. Why today? Because it is the FIRST day of the rest of your life!
Feedback From Satisfied Career Coaching Clients
I was working for a multinational company and my motivation was at an all time low due to a toxic work environment and lack of opportunities for growth. I even started questioning my skills and whether i was a great employee. Gradually this affected my ability to deliver and my health. A friend recommended Corporate Staffing Services and that how i met Perminus. Through the sessions i was able to identify the real issues that were holding me back, i regained my confidence and passion in my skills and was able to change jobs within a period of six months. I am now content with my job and the direction my career is taking. Stella N – Systems Developer Manager – Leading Telco
I first engaged Perminus in December 2016 after attending one of Corporate Staffing Services seminars at Jacaranda Hotel. At that time I felt that I needed focus and career direction. I received more than I expected. I was able to define my goals, learnt specific steps to take in order to reach my goals and I also got tools I could refer too whenever I felt stuck. I still have my notes which I refer to when I feel like I am losing direction. The ten sessions were worth it. Peter – Finance Manager – A Leading Bank
I have always had a problem marketing my skills and expertise. While i am good at what i do, i am not always good at articulating this in interviews or my CV.The one on one coaching helped me realize my potential and how to go about marketing my skills and increasing my self confidence. I now have my dream job but i wouldn’t have reached the next level without the coaching. Charity – CFO – Regional Company
Meet Your Career Coach:
Perminus Wainaina is the C.E.O and Managing Partner at Corporate Staffing Services Ltd, a leading HR consultancy firm based in Westlands.
He leads a team of 25 staff and has wide experience in coaching, leadership development, recruitment, and HR consultancy.
His day job involves meeting and engaging employers looking to hire senior talent i.e managers, GM’s across different professionals, and C.E.O’s for various industries.
In the last 8 years, he has interviewed over 2,000 senior professionals and managers looking to transition to a leadership role. He, therefore, understands the workings, demands and expectations of the corporate world.
He has coached over 500 managers helping them gain self-awareness, clarify goals, achieve their career development objectives, and unlock their potential.
For employers, he has consulted for firms such as OX-FAM, UN Women, Action Aid, Windsor Golf Club, Nivea, Weetabix etc.
Outside of work, Perminus is passionate about mentorship, coaching and training of youth in matters relating to education and skills acquisition. He is an active member of Rotary Club of Muthaiga
He is also a member of the HR Technical Committee representing the private sector, at the Kenya Bureau of Standards (KEBS) Human Resource Standardization Committee.
He’s also a regular contributor on HR and people issues at the Business Daily newspaper. Articles Here.
Invest in Your Career – Take the Next Step – Book Your Session Now.
Fill the simple coaching discovery form. The coaching discovery form will help me understand who you are and where you are coming from.
Some of the questions in the questionnaire include, 1) Where would you like to be one year from now to feel happy about your career/life?, 2) In your career, what has been your great success to date – what are you proud of achieving? etc (Click here to download)
When you are done email it together with your latest CV to Ms Barbara Masinde at email@example.com and Cc firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that your investment for the discovery session is K’sh 6,950. Upon receipt of your CV and the discovery form, Barbara shall get in touch for you to agree on when we can meet. She will also advise you on how to make payment.
The discovery session takes 1.5 to 2.5 hrs, so prepare adequately,
I look forward to meeting you. Get expert advice to your most pressing career problems in one sitting. You can change your career starting today!
I didn’t enjoy my NGO job and I felt underutilized in my career. I didn’t feel like the job made any use of the skills I enjoy the most or my interests.
I was eagerly looking for a change and was unsure of the next course of action.
Through meeting Perminus and going through the one on one coaching I have learnt a great deal about my strengths, and I have been able to clearly identify what I enjoy doing and what is important to me in a job and career.
I have identified a clear direction for my next steps.
I am grateful for Perminus guidance. I have come such a long way in knowing myself and understanding the things that I enjoy, the things that motivate me, and the things that prevent me from progressing. My confidence and motivation have also improved. I no longer feel stuck. I am glad i took this important step this year.