At Corporate Staffing Services, we are committed to helping companies grow to achieve their organizational goals. As a leading recruitment and HR services company that supports over 700 companies across East Africa, our mission is to empower businesses to succeed.
One of the ways we offer support is by holding a monthly leadership roundtable meeting where we invite leaders from various sectors to discuss business and people management matters.
On Friday, we held the monthly leadership forum and some of the key areas discussed included;
- How to navigate constant change –both in the organization and in the market.
- How to stay ahead of competition
- How to recruit and retain top talent
- How to successfully manage your workforce
Mr. Perminus Wainaina, the Corporate Staffing Services CEO and Managing Partner, started the discussion by asking what the number one determinant for business success is.
After a comprehensive discussion, it was agreed that people are a key determinant of the company’s success.
“It is people that execute strategies, it is people who bring in the customers and, it is people who effect plans. Hiring, nurturing and retaining the right people, then, should be a company’s top priority.” shared Mr. Wainaina.
A question was then posed, “How do you ensure you get and retain the right people?”
Each leader shared the systems and procedures they have in place to recruit, grow and retain healthy and productive personnel. These include;
- Regular meetings to review, monitor, evaluate, support, and compensate teams and individuals.
- Creating flexible working arrangements to ensure productivity across different generations
- Recognition of top-performing employees
- Training employees on the skills, tools, and abilities they need to increase productivity
- Social, interactive, and fun team events that create bonds and synergy
We plan to have more leadership networking forums every month. If you’re a leader, top executive, or business owner, click here to learn more about the Leadership Networking Forum.