Thank you for your interest in our recruitment service.
To ensure that we recruit a candidate who is the best fit for your organization, one within your salary budget, and has the character and integrity that you seek, below is the process that we follow.
90% of the clients are able to save time and money when we follow the process.
Step One: We Meet. Getting To Know Your Needs.
1. After you fill the recruitment form, our client service manager will get in touch to organize a meeting. The meeting can be online, at your office or our office.
2. One of the questions we get from some clients looking to hire is “can we have your proposal without a meeting or can you email us ready CV’s without a meeting”. We do understand your need to hire immediately but we highly encourage a meeting. Our aim is to offer you value and a guiding hand as you seek to find the best fit for your organization. Meeting with you ensures we capture every detail about both your organization and the candidate you seek to hire.
3. A meeting will therefore ensure that we get it right the first time, therefore saving you time and money.
4. During the meeting, we also get to discuss more on the key qualities ideal for the position, KPI’s, organizational culture, and more. We also get to agree on the terms of engagement.
5. Having understood your needs, our team will then prepare an agreement, and upon signing off, we start the process.
Step Two: Sourcing & Receiving Applications.
6. To get you the right candidate, we start by preparing a job advert based on your job description. If you don’t have one, we will prepare it for you. We customize the job description based on our initial meeting. Developing a job description that matches your requirements is our first step to ensuring we get the right applications.
7. The job advert is first posted on our database of over 450,000 professionals who have registered their CVs with us. If need be, we advertise the position across other job channels that reach over 1.5M Kenyan professionals.
8. For management positions, we also utilize headhunting, where we approach candidates working in similar companies but who might not be necessarily actively looking for a job.
9. Upon advertising or headhunting, we start receiving applications. For junior-level positions, we receive a total of 800 – 1,200 while for managerial positions we receive 150 to 250 CVs.
10. The next step is to conduct an initial shortlist of these candidates. Our HR consultants will review each application and only shortlist applicants who meet your minimum requirements.
Step Three: Interviewing the Candidates (Phone Interview).
11. Those who meet the first criteria are then invited for a phone interview. The phone interview is a screening interview to ensure that the candidate is a good representation of what is in the CV.
Step Four: Second Interview. (One on one Interview).
12. Those who pass the phone screening interview are then invited for a one-on-one interview with the recruitment manager at our office. For the junior-level position we interview over 30 candidates in order for us to present to you the best five. For managerial positions, we interview at least 20 candidates for us to recommend the best four.
Step Five: Reference Checking & Reports.
13. Upon completion of the one on one interview, we start the reference check process where we write to the former employer(s) seeking written feedback on their character, work ethic and performance. This is a very important step in our process that helps ensure a sound hiring decision and protects you as the client from a number of potential risks.
14. Upon receiving positive feedback, we prepare a comprehensive interview report that outlines the candidate’s qualifications, skills, relevant experience, current/last salary and benefits, expected pay, and notice period. We also highlight the candidate’s strengths and the reasons why we believe they are a good fit for your company. For senior-level positions, we encourage clients to incorporate psychometric tests to have a better understanding of the candidates’ strengths.
15. The interview report and CVs for the best candidates is sent to you after review by the recruitment manager.
Step Six: You Interview The Best Candidates.
16. The next step is for you to meet and interview the candidates. We organize this for our clients so your work is to communicate the date and our team will call the candidates and later share an interview schedule with you.
17. During the interview stage, if you would prefer, one of our HR experts can sit in the panel and provide support. Some clients prefer to use our boardroom which comes at no additional cost.
18. For management positions, we encourage and support clients to use more than one interview method, i.e. use case studies, presentations, psychometric tests, and even role-playing. We’ve seen that these extra methods help in narrowing down to the best candidate. We also provide support on this.
Step Seven: Offer Negotiation & Contracting.
19. Having settled on the candidate, it’s time to give them an offer. We assist clients in negotiating with candidates on the salary, benefits and joining date. If you don’t have a contract and you’d like us to help with drafting a contract for your new hire, we are able to draft employment contracts that meet the legal requirements at a reasonable fee. We also assist in coming up with key performance indicators (KPI’s) for the new staff.
Step Eight: Candidate Joins.
20. We’ve now reached the final stages of the process. When the candidate reports, we will proceed to invoice you for the service. We only invoice upon the candidate joining as per our agreed terms. Our fee is equivalent to the candidate’s one month’s gross pay plus VAT. Upon completion of the process, we issue regrets to the candidates who were not successful in the interview process.
Step Nine: Monthly Follow-Ups & Visit.
21. It is part of our process to conduct a monthly check to ensure that the candidate (new employee) is meeting your expectations. Our aim is to ensure that if there’s an issue or any challenges from either party, it is addressed as soon as possible.
Step Ten: Employee is Confirmed/Recruitment Guarantee Period.
22. If during the monthly follow-ups, we realize that the employee is not meeting your expectations, we take some time to discuss with both the new employee and the client the situation at hand with an aim to find a solution. If the challenge or issue cannot be remedied, we provide a replacement at no additional cost. We repeat the recruitment exercise for free and deliver another list of candidates to interview within a short period. (N/B: Provided that the employee has not left due to breach of contract or any wrongdoing by the employer)
Step Eleven: Ongoing Relationship.
At Corporate Staffing, we believe in offering value to our clients. In our ongoing relationship, we provide value-adding services to help your department/organization succeed. This includes free staff training, HR issues consultations, advice on labour laws and employee skills development programs. Some of the services are free and others are at an affordable fee.
Thank you for taking time to read through our recruitment process, we look forward to hearing from you and starting a fruitful working relationship.
Please fill in your details in the recruitment page and our client service manager will get in touch after receiving your details. We guarantee immediate response.