Water and Habitat Engineer Job, Engineering Jobs In Kenya August 2020,
Position: Water and Habitat Engineer 2,
Location: Nairobi, Kenya,
- Draws up documents such as drawings, bills of quantities, contracts, etc. for engineering projects using commonly agreed formats; monitors project implementation for compliance with project documents, ICRC standards, and the local building code/standards, ensuring corrective action is taken if necessary;
- Revises and contributed to all design work submitted by Kenya prison services and Kenya Red Cross Society teams and coaches them on their skills;
- Supervises contractors and Kenya prison services building officers in on-site work as well as remotely for all project types and conducts quality control during the design and construction of infrastructure;
- Prepares implementation/progress reports at intervals set by the WatHab Coordinator and/or consolidates reports by Kenya prison services and Kenya Red Cross Society;
- Creates project files in electronic databases such as the WatHab Project Assistant application and keeps them up to date;
- Manages tendering and project purchasing on labour and materials according to the delegation’s logistical and financial rules;
- Networks with stakeholders, monitors security issues related to project sites and advises WatHab Coordinator where necessary; provides regular information to supervisors on security, stakeholder issues and site progress;
- Carries out and analyses needs assessments and surveys in places of detention and on the coastal area shares analysis with the WatHab Coordinator.
- University Degree in architecture, civil or structural engineering, hydrology, hydraulics, geology or related field;
- Minimum 6-8 years’ professional experience in a related field;
- Advanced knowledge of water and sanitation or construction engineering;
- Demonstrate proficiency use of drawing software if working in construction and hydraulic engineering;
- Experience in an international organization or NGO a definite advantage;
- Certificate of good conduct.
How to Apply
The interested candidates should submit their applications on or before the 15th September 2020 at 4:30 pm with the CV, motivation letter, including references details, supporting documents (Certificates, Diplomas, Degree etc) and current and expected remuneration to ICRC Nairobi Delegation, HR Department via: E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The reference Water and Habitat Engineer 2 must be stated in the application to be valid. If you do not clearly state the position for which you are applying & attach the required certificates & other supporting documents, your application may not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applicants must have the permanent right to work in Kenya.
ICRC does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. All applications are free for all candidates and no one should require any payment or compensation during the recruitment process. May the candidate be asked for any fee, he/she must report to ICRC HR Department through the recruitment contact.
ICRC is committed to diversity and welcomes applications from qualified candidates regardless of disability, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour or ethnic and national origins, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.