WASH Technical Officer Job, Latest Engineering Jobs in Kenya 2020,
Location: Somali Region, Ethiopia,
Reports to: Project Manager,
Contract Details: Eleven (11) months Fixed Term Contract. Renewable Subject to Availability of Funds & Performance,
Under the direct supervision of the Project Manager, the WASH Officer will be responsible for development of BoQs of WASH infrastructure designs, supervision of all construction and rehabilitation activities in the project areas.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Ensure the development of accurate Bill of Quantities (BoQs) and detailed technical drawings for all the WASH interventions in liaison with relevant technical staff from the government authorities and Lead Agency – ACTED;
- Supervise and be responsible for all WASH the technical aspect for project implementation, make sure that contractors complete project work in a timely, efficient and accurate manner with respect to standard engineering;
- Ensure community involvement at all phases of the project and the development of community ownership of the project;
- Guarantee the respect of construction standards as well as the security practices at the project site;
- Provide feedback to the monitoring and evaluation system in order to assess the effectiveness and the impact of the projects and propose recommendations for improvement;
- Contribute to the development of constructive solutions to challenges identified by the community and contractors;
- Facilitate and maintain a good professional relationship between RACIDA, communities and contractors;
- Provide regular written and verbal reports to the Project Manager on the infrastructure development activities;
- Oversee water purification procures at all water points.
- Oversee/support trainings to Water resource user Association reps and community members on water point management and water handling.
- Attend and adequately represent RACIDA in Woreda meetings/fora as may be required as well as in layering with other actors handling USAID OFDA programs;
- With the help of the Project Manager, develop and maintain weekly, monthly plans and written comprehensive records of engineering work undertaken in the project including site visits and reporting of work progress
Education Qualifications and key Competencies
- A Degree in Water Engineering, civil engineering or other related discipline;
- At least 3 years of experience in similar position/related;
- Professional experience in community WASH programs in Ethiopia;
- Good communication skills.
- Experience in Word, excel, power point, outlook, access knowledge.
- Experience in operating AutoCAD, Spreadsheet, Civil3d, Prokon softwares
- Experience in operating Dumpy level or Total Station tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Somali are essential.
- Experience working in Somali region, Ethiopia. Preference will be given to applicants that satisfy this criterion.
How To Apply
Interested candidates, who meet the above requirements, should send a CV and Cover Letter only to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject of the email as “WASH Technical Officer Ethiopia”.
The closing date for applications is 5th August, 2020.
Each application must include at least three referees who can validate technical expertise. Telephone contacts must be submitted with the application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.