Team Leader Job, Latest Engineering Jobs,
The job holder will be responsible for executing 24/7 Real-time RAN, VAS,IT, Transmission Network resources /Core operational monitoring & 1st level troubleshooting & intervention escalation. This is a key role in the overall execution of the Technology strategy and will require a keen eye for detail and problem-solving skills.
- 24/7 Rota monitoring of GSM, Transmission, Networks elements.
- Exhibit familiarity with the use of basic network monitoring tools: Lansupport, Netnumen, Cacti, I Manager, Huawei U2000
- Perform initial analysis to localize issues and restore if possible (1st corrective maintenance).
- Management of Trouble Tickets (TT) and Fault Escalation to the relevant technical staff and follow up until ticket closure
- Perform Faults management by coordinating support resources; managing technical escalation to ensure faults are rectified within agreed SLAs.
- Notification to keep management and other business units informed during system outages with reference to priority of the fault (Priority Matrix).
- Responsible for informing Management, partners and peers about network performance and service availability and network outages
- oversees the work of shift teams to ensure that system requirements have been
- Properly implemented and procedures carefully followed.
- Producing reports at the end of the shift (shift handover report) on the network status and sending the same to all intended recipients as per the company laid down structures.
- Facilitate implementation of planned activities as per Change management directives i.e. by ensuring that implementers adhere to the Change management terms and conditions.
- Coordinates the duty shift table for the NOC operations and carefully allocates staff members (NOC technicians and NOC engineers) on different shift duties for ensuring the whole NOC shift works in an efficient and effective manner.
- Ensure maximum possible service availability and performance.
Academic Background and Professional Knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in Telecommunications, Electrical Engineering or equivalent from a reputable institution;
- A minimum of 2-6 years’ experience in a similar position with a supervisory background
- Thorough telecommunications knowledge is a requirement
- Expertise in maintaining networking systems
- Knowledge of GSM/3G,4G architecture, core circuit and packet architecture, VAS architecture LAN, WAN, TCPIP
- MS Office proficiency
- Good knowledge of the O&M processes
- Specific knowledge of multiple telecom technologies ( GSM and Fixed network )
- Good communication skills, Creative thinker, Team Player & have ability to prioritize and execute tasks
- Must be Result-oriented, Taking initiatives & have great analytical skills
How To Apply
Application should be sent to email@example.com by providing an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) before 30th November 2020 including details of your current telephone contacts and names of three referees.
Please note, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Telkom Kenya is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to tribe, religion, gender, age or disability.N.B: Would you like us to consider you for a job opening? Boost your job search. Upload Your CV Here. It's FREE