Supplier Performance Manager Job, Latest Supply Chain Jobs In Kenya,
Reporting to : Supply Chain Business Partner (Digital / Technology),
Band : 3.0,
Department : Supply Chain,
The role ensures reactively and proactively the development of our key suppliers. Partnering with buyers, Category Managers for Supplier due diligence, approval, and Supplier Performance Review and Capacity & Risk analysis. Take the lead on crisis management and lead or contribute to the problem solving.
Drives development activities at suppliers according to core competencies (Supply chain, Procurement, Quality, Product) or coordinate with other function if there is a need of specific competencies.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures that registered suppliers address the need of the organization according to the business plans
- Ensures that registered supplier performance is tracked and reviewed regularly by Project Leads/ Supply Chain.
- Conduct timely assessments of supplier contracts and change orders to identify areas of potential non-compliance, adverse supplier performance and other issues that could have an adverse impact to the company in order to effectively communicate, track and abate Supplier risk elements.
- On board new suppliers / partners who supports innovation partnerships and alliances
- Maintain and continually update the vendor database, timeously resolve disputes with vendors and contractors to prevent delays in service delivery. Develop and implement an approved supplier list, introducing vendor assessment techniques to measure performance and quality of supply.
- Performance management reports and procurement progress tracking for special projects.
- Coordinate with Category Manager (Direct) for agile process flow for special projects
- Create policies and procedures to govern supplier performance system and achieve compliance.
- Coordinate with Legal, Contracts, Sourcing and other stakeholders as necessary to ensure continuity of services.
- Implement supplier rating system and performance management across the business.
- Implement metrics, monitoring and reports using supplier scorecards for key suppliers. Provide education and training.
- Conduct supplier kick-off meetings.
Academic Background and Professional Knowledge
- Relevant Business Degree
- Professional Diploma in Logistics/Supply Chain Management
- Computer literate, with experience of ERP systems
- Experience in telecommunications an added advantage
- 4 years’ experience in procurement, contract and supply chain management
- First class knowledge in Logistics/Supply chain management coupled with minimum of 3 years’ experience in FMCG/Telecommunications sectors.
- Skilled in Supplier Relationship Management and managing suppliers.
- Knowledge of Supplier Quality systems, measurement and tracking
- Solid Business acumen to include finance and contractual commitments.
- Demonstrated skill in Vendor management.
- Performance monitoring and reporting.
- Knowledge of procurement requirements related to the telecommunication industry.
- Negotiating and influencing skills.
- Knowledge of or experience in Lean techniques
- Communication and interpersonal skills
How To Apply
Application should be sent to email@example.com by providing an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) before 9th November 2020 including details of your current telephone contacts and names of three referees.
Please note, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Telkom Kenya is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to tribe, religion, gender, age or disability.N.B: Would you like us to consider you for a job opening? Boost your job search. Upload Your CV Here. It's FREE