Structural Project Engineer Jobs, Engineering Jobs, Jobs In Nairobi
Title: Structural Project Engineer
Our client is a leading construction company in Nairobi. They seek to hire a Structural Project Engineer who will be responsible for coordinating the financing, design and approvals of architectural and structural works as well as Coordinate meetings among vendors and project consultants.
- Managing the predevelopment activities and project financing tasks including cash flow projections.
- Provide high quality development management, managing financial objectives of the project, and meeting project objectives.
- Oversee and direct construction projects from conception to completion.
- Review the project in-depth to schedule deliverables and estimate costs.
- Oversee all onsite and offsite constructions to monitor compliance with building and safety regulations.
- Coordinate and direct construction workers and subcontractors
- Coordinate delivery and control of construction materials on various construction sites.
- Select tools, materials and equipment and track inventory
- Meet contractual conditions of performance
- Prepare and interpret drawing with coordination with architects
- Prepare internal and external reports pertaining to job status
- Plan ahead to prevent problems and resolve any emerging ones
- Negotiate terms of agreements, draft contracts and obtain permits and licenses
- Assist in the defining of and managing the development budgets and the programs.
- Contribute in discussions about design related activities and be involved in the product development aspect of the development process.
- Introduce best-practice systems of project and construction management, leading the implementation of quality control and relationship management techniques, in close co-ordination with the Executive Director.
- Accountable for developing and fostering effective relationships internally and externally including all third parties
- He/ She must manage the consultant team and the contractor to ensure that the key deliverables relating to time, cost and quality are achieved for each project under his/her responsibility
- Apply significant knowledge of construction regulations and industry standards to proposals, applications, and closings including legal and project document review, and day-to-day decisions
- Manage design process to ensure compliance/waiver/approval by City and Government organization’s financing sustainability, and design standards
- Develop feasible program and structure financing to ensure projects are approved and sustainable
- Manage construction bidding/pricing process for inclusion in the final project budget required for all closings
- Prospect for potential clients and convert them into increased business opportunities
- Follow and collect project billings to ensure optimal project cash flow management.
- Prepare and submit accurate weekly and monthly progress project reports.
- Engage internal and external contacts to ensure effective achievement of business development objectives.
- Ensure compliance with various regulatory organizations.
- Degree in Civil and Structural Engineering/Building Construction or Higher Diploma and other related fields.
- At least 3-4 years’ experience in project management
- Proven track record of in site organization and completing projects successfully
- Proven Managerial and Leadership skills
- Excellent communication and IT fluency
- Ability to handle pressures and meet deadlines
- Superior time management and organizational skills
- In-depth knowledge of the industry and current Construction events
- Ability to provide leaderships to a large team workers and subcontractors in multiple construction sites.
- Practical experience in building and construction projects.
- Male candidates are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org only quoting the job title on the email subject (Structural Project Engineer) to before Friday 18th October 2019.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV.
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing. Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.