Stores Assistant Job, Current Logistics Jobs In Kenya,
REF: TNH/HRD/SA/10/2020 (3 MONTHS CONTRACT)
Checking system stock levels, order stock items, receive, store and issue goods to all internal sub stores and users and raise records of all transactions.
- Regularly run items below re-order level report and raise Purchase Requisition Orders (PROs) for all items as required in a timely manner and ensure no stock outs.
- Coordinating material receiving from external suppliers and invite both security and user’s representative or Quality Assistant for cross-checking.
- Physically inspect and verify material items from suppliers against Purchase Order (PO) specification supplier delivery documents and receive.
- Signing stamp supplier delivery documents and immediately raise a system Goods Receive Notes to confirm receipt.
- Transferring material commodities to their respective storage shelves whilst ensuring proper handling, shelving and coding of materials
- Checking shelf life and expiry dates of material during receipt from suppliers and while storage in compliance with the Hospital’s policies and procedures and promptly report non-conformance
- Maintaining the First Expiry First out (FEFO) system for storage and issuance of items.
- Participating in carrying out daily, quarterly and random stock takes.
- Ensuring that any stock variances are thoroughly investigated, documented and resolved in a timely manner.
- Promptly forwarding documents to Procurement, users and Finance for processing in line with the Hospital Procedures.
- Issue items to user departments against approved off issue vouchers and ensure that all requisitioned goods reach the intended user department.
- Maintaining a comprehensive up-to-date document filing and retrieval system for all stores transactions.
- Observing appropriate security measures throughout the supply chain process by releasing all issued stocks in locked and/or sealed containers for transportations.
- Regularly inspecting material, storage areas within the stores and ensure the highest standards of housekeeping, safety and security requirements are achieved and maintained.
- Adhering to laid down standard operating procedures and work instructions in stock management and storage of medical and other materials.
- Developing effective channels of communication with the users of stores services.
- Supervising support staff and students on attachment working at the stores
- Any other duty as may be assigned from time to time.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Commerce, Finance or Logistics.
- Diploma in Purchasing and Supplies Management
- Minimum 2 years’ relevant work experience.
- A member of KISM.
- Knowledge of public procurement and disposal procedures and related regulations
- Good warehousing, distribution, logistics knowledge preferably in multi user/network environment.
- Demonstrated Proficiency in ERPs and excellent use of computer based tools.
- Ability to work under pressure, strict deadline and sound decision making ability.
- Demonstrate excellent negotiation, analytical, presentation and problem solving skills
- High level of integrity, resourceful and possess high drive to excel
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with demonstrated effective leadership skills
How To Apply
If your background, experience and competence match the above specifications, please send us your application (cover letter & CV/Resume) quoting the job reference number and to reach the undersigned on: firstname.lastname@example.org not later than Friday 13th November 2020. Your CV/Resume MUST include full names and contact details of 3 referees.N.B: Would you like us to consider you for a job opening? Boost your job search. Upload Your CV Here. It's FREE