Senior Tours & Travel Consultant Jobs, Tours & Travel Jobs, Jobs in Nairobi.
Our client is a medium sized tours and travel company in Nairobi. They seek to hire a senior tour and travel consultant who will customize and handle end to end tour booking and offer client support in terms of providing the necessary travel requirements and arrangements.
Gross Salary: 80-120k
- Design flexible tour packages, excursions, safaris and other related services in regards to tours to meet the needs of different clients
- Create and sell innovative inbound and outbound tour packages to meet market demand
- Maintain and organize airline contracts, keeping them up to date
- Research and constantly source for interesting product packages to meet consumer demands
- Check and process ticket re-issue’s and fare calculations
- Ensuring airlines fares are loaded correctly and liaising with airlines to rectify
- Respond to enquiries regarding hotels & safaris within 24hrs
- Prepare itineraries to the various destinations of interest
- Keep clients up to date with changes in the travel industry
- Ensure payment for each tour booking is received in advance or proper authorization is received from a corporate prior to credit sale
- Create contact with hotels, car hire, sightseeing attraction and other service providers for best competitive contract rates
- Making follow-ups on tour quotations
- Ensuring that tours quotations are competitive as well as terms & conditions
- Arranging to see vehicles (and if possible be accompanied by customer reps) before start of service to ensure quality and minimize customer complains
- Tourism Management Degree / Tours & Travel Degree / Business related degree
- MUST have at least 5 years’ experience as a tour consultant
- Experience in liaising with international travel agents / partners
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Self – motivated, Confident and outgoing personality
- Ability to multi-task and get things done to completion
- A Team player with good interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent networking and prospecting skills
- Female candidates are encouraged to apply
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience, please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Senior Tours and Travel Consultant) to email@example.com before 20th November 2018. Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV.
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing. Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.