Senior Technical Education Advisor Jobs, NGO Jobs, Jobs in Nairobi.
Our Client is a non-governmental organization focused on providing world-class programming and education expertise. They are seeking to hire a Senior Technical Education Advisor with a bias in Literacy and Numeracy, who will be tasked with achieving rapid impact on targeted educational outcomes, liaising with the government and relevant partners in the country to contribute to wider education sector learning, planning, and policy dialogue.
Location: Nairobi with Extensive Travel
Reporting to: Country Manager, working closely with the Regional Director
- To guide and support country-level teacher trainer-coaching managers in their technical oversight and support of DP2 technical teams geared toward strengthening staff capacities and bringing about more consistent, higher levels of quality in their training, coaching and mentoring of teachers in project schools.
- To distill – and incorporate in DP2 approaches and investments over time – key project learning on what is working (and not) to advance teaching, learning and transition objectives, grounded in M&E data.
- To share such learning and support the country director to engage regularly with partner government education offices in project areas with the aim of advancing local ownership and sustainability and, over time, integrating successful interventions within the education system
- More broadly, to work closely with the country’s regional directors to share evidence of what works and to connect more visibly with a national government, DFID and other education sector partners for cross-learning and joint efforts to advance shared aims at scale.
- Ph.D./ Master/ Bachelor’s Degree background in areas such as effective teaching and learning of primary-level English and Mathematics, student-centered approaches, equity and inclusion, formative assessment, and more, (classroom experience preferred).
- Ability to marry knowledge and best practice internationally with local realities of education sector work in Africa, translating theory into practical and contextually appropriate guidance and support to country managers and field teams.
- Significant work capturing and disseminating evidence of impact and learning (on what works) from similar education projects.
- Demonstrated experience working with Ministries of Education and contributing to education policy dialogue and education sector review and planning processes.
- Strong communications skills, including the capacity to produce polished reports and PPT presentations
- A team player with excellent interpersonal and communications skills is essential
How To Apply:
If interested and qualified, send your Cover Letter, CV, Payslips quoting the job title in the email subject (Senior Technical Education Advisor) to email@example.com before 16th February 2019.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV.
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing. Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted