Senior HR Officer Jobs, Latest HR Jobs 2020,
Key Functions of the Job
- The Senior Human Resources Officer, under the supervision of the Human Resource & Administration Manager, will co-ordinate day to day operations and provide technical expertise and guidance in the following functional areas:
- Recruitment, Induction and Onboarding,
Performance Management and Work Development, Individual and Collective Learning and Development, Employee Relations and Compensation.
- Reviews human resources management practices on a continuous basis, and develops new strategies and policies, which enhance the long-term commitment of the staff.
- Supports the Human Resource & Administration Manager prepare, review and monitor the annual human resource budget and ensure effective implementation of the national human resource strategy.
- Coordinates the recruitment, selection and onboarding of staff in line with internal policies
- Prepares orientation programmes for new staff, and ensures new staffs at all levels receive appropriate orientation to the organisation.
- Coordinates staff engagement meetings at the National office and locations in conjunction with management and location programme heads respectively.
- Provides support, guidance and counsel to staff at all levels. Ensures open communication channels are maintained at all times.
- Promotes good working relationships in the organization by providing guidance and advice to management and employees on the appropriate policies and procedures with regards to disciplinary cases.
- Liaise closely with external legal counsel as required and manage labour disputes with employer bodies, government agencies and labour relation authorities.
- Support the implementation of a vibrant performance management system in the organization to achieve quality and operational efficiency.
- Designs and supports relevant learning and development programs for all staff in order to ensure staff are provided with adequate opportunities for self- improvement and progression within the organisation
- Supports the implementation of Compensation and Benefit strategies by coordinating periodic salary surveys, satisfaction and engagement surveys and designing compensation packages that motive staff.
Required Qualifications / Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management OR An alternate Bachelor’s degree with a Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resources Management from reputable institutions.
- Minimum five (5) years’ relevant professional experience, prefarably in an NGO set up
- A masters degree in Human Resource Management or equivalent disicipline will be an added advantage
- Certified Human Resource (CHRP) Level II and III will be an added advantage
- A member in good standing of Institute of Human Resources Management Kenya, with a valid practicing certificate
- Have the ability to influence and partner with different levels of staff in the organization to build and maintain a positive work environment.
- Have a strong grasp of Kenyan labour and employment laws.
- Demonstrated Ability to analyze situations and take corrective actions
- Excellent quality, attention to detail, & organizational skills
- Commitment to process of continuous improvement.
- Valid certificate of Good Conduct
How to Apply
- This position offer a competitive remuneration and benefits package.
- If you believe your experience, competencies and qualifications match the job and role specifications described; send your application & updated CV(with details of at least 3 referees one of which must be immediate former employer) addressed to the National Director to reach us on or before 4th April 2020 by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
- SOS Children’s Villages Kenya is an equal opportunity employer and its Recruitment Policy addresses itself to the core values of best practice, diversity and equality.