Senior Accountant Jobs, Accounting Jobs, Jobs In Nairobi.
Our client is one of the leading exporters of fresh produce to international markets such as Middle East and European Markets. They seek to hire a Senior Accountant who will be tasked with managing all financial transactions; will manage the annual audit process, coordinate the annual budgeting and planning process as well as manage the vat, tax and required statutory returns, submissions and payments.
Title: Senior Accountant – Export
Salary: 60 – 80K
- Manage all day to day accounting operations of the business ensuring that correct transactions are posted in the system in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensure that the company financial and accounting policies are implemented correctly.
- Provide feedback to the Finance Manager on company policies and procedures, and constantly look out for potential changes which could improve operational efficiency, reduce costs or improve cash flow management.
- Ensure the integrity of the financial data in the accounting software.
- Implement a strict internal control framework, with adequate checks and balances, to mitigate against the risk of fraud or error.
- Ensure that the company does not have stock outs, and that orders are placed in a timely manner for all replenishment.
- Be an integral part of the monthly financial stock takes and investigate all variances which arise and explain these to management.
- Support negotiations with suppliers in an effort to grow the company’s gross margin.
- Analyse transaction data and make recommendations on general business optimization.
- Ensure that the company is fully compliant with all tax and financial obligations as per the legislation and regulations of Kenya. Engage third parties to provide assistance as and when necessary.
- Develop, in conjunction with the senior management team and the credit manager, a robust process for credit management and be responsible for its implementation.
- Develop and track department key performance indicators and provide regular feedback to the team on these and any areas in need of improvement.
- Ensure all documents are filed in an organized manner and easy to retrieve.
- Manage the annual external audit and present the draft audited accounts to the Senior Management for review and sign off.
- Lead the annual budget setting process with all departments ensuring they have sufficient training in how to complete templates, and then collate all the information into one company-wide budget for presentation to management.
- Provide weekly short-term cash flow forecasts for senior management to review and sign off on.
- Prepare monthly financial reports on company performance, and ensure any issues are investigated and explained.
- Prepare weekly lists of payment runs for approval by Finance Manager.
- Bachelor Degree in Finance/ Accounting
- At least 4 years’ experience of accounting
- Qualified Accountant (CPA (K), ACCA , or equivalent) are a mandatory requirement
- MUST have experience working in a busy export company
- MUST be 38 years and above
- Attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to advise critically and appraise policies and procedures and make suggestions for improvements.
- Adaptable and flexible with the ability to drive change and transformation.
- Must uphold confidentiality, be tactful, and proactive.
- Committed to professional values and work ethics with a high sense of integrity.
- Able to lead, motivate and bring the best out of a team of professionals.
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your application quoting the job title on the email subject (Senior Accountant – Export) to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 15th July 2019.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing. Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.