Restaurant General Manager Jobs, Hotel Jobs, General Manager Jobs, Jobs in Nairobi.
Our client is a leading restaurant based in Nairobi. They seek to hire an organized and result-oriented General Manager who will be tasked with ensuring operational standards are put in place and adhered to leading to the restaurant’s profitability.
Title: Restaurant General Manager
Salary: 200K – 250K
Roles & Responsibilities
- Develop and implement the restaurant’s business plan.
- Ensure the restaurant’s financial objectives by preparing strategic and annual forecasts and budgets.
- Develop and implement marketing plans and community relations programs to attract customers.
- Inventory control and management
- Maintain operations by developing and implementing policies and standard operating procedures
- Maintain patron satisfaction by monitoring food, beverage, and service offerings, initiating improvements and building relationships with preferred patrons.
- Accomplish the restaurant’s human resource objectives by recruiting and reviewing job contributions;
- Maintain safe, secure, and healthy facility environment by establishing and enforcing sanitation standards and procedures.
- Monitor emerging trends in the restaurant industry to stay up to date and relevant.
- Set weekly and monthly sales performance and quality targets and ensuring they are achieved.
- Prepare reports on weekly sales updates, staff performance and marketing activities effectiveness.
- Support the chef and the F&B Controller in menu planning.
- Coordinate the entire operation of the restaurant during scheduled shifts
- Respond to customer complaints in a professional and courteous manner.
- Support the HR team to organize and supervise staff shifts..
- Continuous assessment training to ensure staff operate and work efficiently to reduce the amount of assisted staff e.g. casuals.
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Hotel Management or a related field.
- At least 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Proficient in HotelWiz.
- Must be willing to work flexible schedules including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Knowledge and experience in financial planning and strategic management.
- Good leadership and motivation skills
- Good problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Restaurant General Manager) to firstname.lastname@example.org before 3rd May 2019.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV.
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing. Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.