Research Scientist Jobs, NGO Jobs 2020,
Vacancy No: CGHR/139/05/20
This program is a collaboration between Kenya Medical Research Institute, the US Centres for Disease Control and Prevention, and other organizations and donors. It involves conducting research and programmatic support for activities related to Malaria, HIV, Tuberculosis and other diseases. The TB laboratory has the following opening:
Reports to: Laboratory Director
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Biomedical Sciences, Microbiology, Biotechnology, Immunology, Biochemistry from a recognized college/university.
- Proficiency in the use of computers.
- MUST be registered with KMLTTB
- Fulfill the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution
- Must be able to perform assigned laboratory diagnostic procedures, i.e. assays, tests
- Provide technical support on the development of laboratory tools (SOPS, guides, aids) for testing, results interpretation and dissemination
- Perform molecular laboratory procedures i.e. PCR techniques such DNA extractions is recommended
- Develop laboratory budgets and procurement plans on the basis of on-going laboratory work
- Implement research projects and/or supervise designated aspects of the work
- Analyze and prepare reports for conference presentation and publications for peer review and knowledge sharing.
- Maintain strict confidentiality and participants’ privacy
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by immediate supervisor
Terms of Employment
Employment is a one (1) year renewable contract with probation period for the first 3 months. Salary is negotiable within the appropriate KEMRI salary scale depending on education, experience and demonstrated competency.
Applications MUST include the following
- Letter of Application (INDICATE VACANCY NUMBER)
- Current Curriculum Vitae with telephone number and e-mail address
- Three letters of reference with contact telephone numbers and e-mail addresses
- Copies of Certificates and Transcripts
- Contact telephone number
- Must have Certificate of Good Conduct
- Must have KRA Certificate of Tax compliance
- Must have Clearance Certificate from HELB
- Must have Credit Reference Bureau Certificate
How To Apply
Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org