Construction Projects Director Jobs, Engineering Jobs, Quantity Surveyor Jobs, Jobs In Nairobi.
Our client is one of the leading firms in construction and project management of both commercial and residential projects having been in operations for over 30 years. They seek to hire an individual responsible for growing the business and reputation in the East Africa region. This Director level role includes determining and delivering the regional business generation strategy and assuming the responsibility for generating new business, building the company’s proposition, capability, balancing resourcing requirements and delivering profit in the East African region.
Gross Salary: Competitive
Reporting to: Managing Director
- Develop a strategy for the Kenya Infrastructure business
- Responsible for the P&L of the Kenyan Infrastructure business
- Develop strong relationships with clients and cross-functional team members. The Infrastructure Lead shall build trust with clients, industry partners and colleagues and maintain our “One Business” ethos
- To secure business development opportunities with existing and new clients, including cross- selling opportunities.
- Actively engaged in delivery of projects, balanced with business development, to ensure quality of delivery
- Set ambitious yet achievable targets for the business
- Develop a position for the company as a natural partner for construction and consultancy within the East Africa region
- Increase market share and influence within the major projects and programs in East Africa
- Attend Global sub sector meetings as required
- Provide clear leadership on behalf of clients, translating in to trust and confidence in the organisations ability to deliver
- Will have a high profile within the Infrastructure sector in Kenya or East Africa
- Develop specific alliance relationships to allow future access to major opportunities
- Create a consistent and profitable business stream
- Guide recruitment strategy to meet the capability needs required by the forthcoming pipeline
- Manage an active network through professional bodies and other industry groups
- Proven success in advising, securing and delivering on behalf of clients
- BSc Civil Engineering, Quantity Surveying or Project Management
- Professional Registration preferable
- 10 years or more experience in Infrastructure roles
- Extensive experience in the Infrastructure sector in East Africa
- Proven track record of delivering infrastructure projects in East Africa
- Ability to access key decision makers within clients, regulatory bodies and government
- Working knowledge of various suites of contracts (FIDIC, NEC, JBCC)
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to manage a team effectively
- Sound knowledge and understanding of value engineering
- The ability to identify and understand the areas of opportunity and development
- Ability to guide and lead internal teams offering a strong point of focus for the business
- Has delivered projects for and has relationships with Parastatals
- To be a team player and visible within the business
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Construction Projects Director) to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 12th February 2019.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing. Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contactedDon't Miss Your Next Job. Register Your CV Details. It's Free. Register Your CV Here Now.