Project Team Leader, Engineering Jobs, Jobs In Nairobi.
Our client is a mechanical engineering company that designs, installs, upgrades and services equipment for the steelmaking and other industries in general. They seek to hire a highly competent Project Team Leader who will be tasked with the responsibility of running, coordinating and executing activities concerning projects being carried out by the company.
Job Title: Project Team Leader
Reporting to: Managing Director
- Formally extract and give breakdowns on material requirements as provided in clients’ orders / contract of engagement
- Hand over the breakdown to the projects team leader for confirmation and onward forwarding to procurement department for action
- Confer with other supervisory personnel, project owners, contractors, designers and other professionals to resolve matters such as work procedures, complaints and site problems resolution, before Project commences
- Management of clients after sales contracts with regard to servicing, keep an updated schedule, and plan for timely service visits
- Planning and Controlling use of resources and materials on site, and agree on phased deliveries
- Sourcing of lacking equipment which site may need
- Supervising the Technicians and assigning them tasks and monitoring their performance.
- Communicating on a professional footing with the client’s technical teams, Site managers / supervisors and other relevant personnel dealing with projects
- Liaising with other departments to ensure that projects are done
- Training reporting sub-ordinates on improvement of job performance
- Maintaining Health and Safety standards on site and ensuring a safe working environment and safe working practices are maintained at all times.
- Accurate and timely preparation and submission of tender
- Project budgeting and timely completion of projects
- Striving to increase Professional competence by pursuing further studies, becoming a member of relevant bodies on own initiative coupled with Company sponsorship where possible
- Degree or Diploma in Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- A minimum of 2-3 years work experience in a similar role
- Commendable experience in running projects
- Basic computer knowledge especially packages that deal with Projects
- Thorough product knowledge of Materials
- Must demonstrate the ability to work under pressure and without supervision
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Project Team Leader) to email@example.com before 23rd May 2019.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for the interviewing process. Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted