Technical Project Manager Jobs, IT Jobs In Kenya, Title: Technical Project Manager – Telecommunications, Location: Nanyuki, Salary: 130k – 180k,
Our client is a fixed Internet service provider specialized in bringing affordable connectivity and related services to remote areas. They seek to hire a Technical Project Manager who will be responsible for planning, scheduling, and managing the rollout of company’s core infrastructure network and customer connectivity solutions to new areas across Kenya, on a project basis.
- Develop and manage technical project plans for new expansion areas to support the implementation of the core network infrastructure and customer installations, working across multiple teams within the organisation.
- Liaise with, commission, and manage service providers and/or suppliers who may be required to support expansion efforts from time to time
- Plan and execute logistics for implementing the core infrastructure network and customer installations within a new region, including but not limited to the organisation of accommodation, vehicles, entrance to national parks, and commercial premises.
- Order all equipment and supplies required for expansion, including both core network and customer installations. Coordinate with the Operations team to ensure that all stock supplied meets an acceptable standard, and ensure there are no defects and/or outages.
- Secure, source, and/or recruit technicians who can support the build of the core infrastructure network and customer installations, as well as provide on-going local technical support.
- Be responsible for ensuring that build and installation reports are completed and validated with the Technical team to ensure optimum network performance and minimal failures
- Commission all installation to org specs and ensure sign-off with all clients in regards to equipment installed and service quality achieved at installation.
- Ensure that all operations policies and procedures, including health and safety, are adhered to at all times throughout the expansion process
- Be responsible for delivering the technical implementation on time and to budget. Contribute to the expansion report to demonstrate achievement of targets.
- Be responsible for regional teams and resources such as fleet. Advise on regional expansion requirements and infrastructure deployment when required.
- Bachelor’s degree in telecommunications, ICT, or Electrical Engineering
- 5 years of relevant work/management experience, managing complex projects for both small and large scale telecommunications and/or ISPs in challenging environments such as remote/rural areas
- Experience of Core Infrastructure Network Planning, Design, Implementation and Maintenance, as well as customer connectivity and power solutions.
- “Technical guru” with the ability to provide QA and challenge to the Technical team and identify potential issues before they happen.
- Proven leadership ability to influence, develop, and empower others
- Results and detail oriented with a very hands on approach
- Excellent project management, and decision making skills
- Able to operate under high pressure with limited resources
- Intelligent, motivated self-starter with strong interpersonal skills and work ethic
- Ability to propose creative solutions and think outside the box where required
- Willingness and flexibility to travel for extended periods of time, and/or relocate to new regions as required.
How to Apply
Please only send your CV quoting the job title in the email subject (Technical Project Manager – Telecommunications) to firstname.lastname@example.org before Friday 20th December 2019. Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV.
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing. Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.