Programmes & Operations Director Job Job, Current NGO Jobs,
Under supervision from the Country Director, the Programmes and Operations Director will contribute to the organizational strategic planning, coordination, and implementation of the business plan. S/he is responsible for the overall results, reporting and management of the relevant donor-funded programmes, ensuring that strategy is effectively implemented and informed by evidence as well as new business development.
MSK runs both donor led projects and channels, such as Outreach and Public Sector Support, but it also runs not-for profit, yet income generating clinics and hospitals that need to run as commercially sustained businesses. The Programmes and Operations Director is ultimately responsible for the financial sustainability of the MSK channels.
As a member of the Country Management Team, the position holder provides leadership, guidance, technical support and capacity building to the Operations and Programme teams, whilst ensuring adherence to all MSI standard policies and best practices.
The primary responsibility of this role is to further MSK’s Goal: THE PREVENTION OF UNWANTED BIRTHS and its mission of ensuring the individual’s right to: CHILDREN BY CHOICE NOT CHANCE
It is a role requirement that the jobholder must fully comply with, promote and live MSK CORE VALUES.
- Master’s Degree in Business Management or Public Health or other related and relevant discipline, experience may be taken in lieu of qualifications
- Knowledge of Operations, Commercial and Financial Management
- Fluent in English both oral and written
Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 5years of experience in Senior Management role, managing country-wide operations either in the private or INGO sector.Proven experience in strategy, operational delivery, project management, innovation, successful introduction of new services/activities, and increasing financial performance.
- Significant experience managing multi-tiered management structures with evidence of increased performance/sustainability
- Solid experience in experience developing partnerships across a range of stakeholders (public/private) to drive increased performance
- Able to develop and articulate a clear strategic vision with robust operational delivery plans to the role
- Negotiation, influencing and conflict management skills
- Good interpersonal and soft skills with proven ability to ‘sell’ ideas, concepts with
- Strong written, reading and spoken English Language skills
- ICT proficient
- Pro Choice
How To Apply
Suitable and qualified candidates should email one document combining an application letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 5th January 2021. The subject of the email should read Channel Operations Assistant. Do not attach certificates and testimonials. Marie Stopes Kenya is an equal opportunity employer with zero tolerance to fraud and bribery. The successful candidate must adhere to MSK’s safeguarding policies.Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.N.B: Would you like us to consider you for a job opening? Boost your job search. Upload Your CV Here. It's FREE