Program Manager Jobs, NGO Jobs, Jobs In Nairobi.
Our client is an NGO whose work includes a focus on the relationship between values, culture, rights, and health. They are looking to hire a Program Manager – Indigenous Knowledge and Culture, who will oversee the next phase of their medicine wheel and related programs as well as assist in decision making, bringing ideas and enthusiasm, integrity and humility to their exciting set of initiatives.
Title: Program Manager- Indigenous Knowledge and Culture
Gross salary: Competitive
- Create a strategy for the next two years and beyond.
- Identify, recruit and build an advisory council made up of passionate and experienced thought leaders in traditional knowledge systems, and create ways for this group to help direct our efforts
- Continuously review program plans and goals and help the team to collectively contribute their best
- Conceptualize and host events and gatherings in Nairobi and other decentralized areas which include; organizing peace and elders gatherings, organize song circle trips to schools and communities, facilitate conversations, ensure documentation of activities,
- Oversee logistics and liaise with relevant parties for travel and activity implementations, e.g. local chiefs
- Oversee VOICE program work in Kilifi and Kajiado
- Conduct a team capacity needs analysis and design a process for upskilling
- Conduct periodic evaluations on team performance and provide guidance on their learning and development
- Develop and implement the documentation and communication strategy for our work
- Lead in the design of a process to organize our current archive
- Establish new relationships with other parties who are interested in preserving indigenous wisdom and promoting peace and health through culture, in Kenya and beyond
- Participate in re-establishing women councils in communities to promote gender inclusivity and include women’s voices in promoting indigenous culture and traditions
- A Bachelor’s degree
- Possess any other training related to indigenous knowledge will be an added advantage
- Have managed a team for 3-5 years, coaching and motivating them to achieve set goals and supported them in building their skills
- Have developed and managed program budgets; at least 50,000 USD a year and can allocate and reallocate funds as needed
- Able to demonstrate experience in planning and hosting complex gatherings and are an excellent convener or are interested in developing into one
- Ability to demonstrate sensitivity and understand how to navigate different communities, engage diverse age groups (6-90 years) in a deep and meaningful way.
- Have experience in proposal and report writing
- Possess a strong team spirit, an openness in sharing and in inclusion
- Able to demonstrate transparency and accountability
- Possess excellent written & oral communication skills
How To Apply
- First, please have a look at this guide on how to submit your application and tips on our selection process: http://bit.ly/CandidatesGuide
- Application form: http://bit.ly/PM_IndigenousCulture
- You will be asked to upload your CV in PDF format while filling the form. Please make sure it’s no longer than 3 pages!
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the role is filled. Only shortlisted candidates may be contacted.