Production Supervisor Jobs, Engineering Jobs, Jobs In Nairobi.
Our Client is a leading supplier and manufacturer of plastics and packaging solutions. They are seeking to hire an experienced Production Supervisor – Plastics who will be reporting to the Manufacturing Manager.
S/he will also supervise, direct and monitor the production team with regard to Quality, Productivity, Maintenance, Costs/Waste minimization and Safety Standards in order to achieve and constantly improve on the set productivity, and quality targets in line with Overall Equipment Efficiency.
Title: Production Supervisor – Plastics
Gross Salary: 40k – 70k
- Forecast, plan, implement and control production schedule for the job and review and adjust where necessary
- Set performance targets for the production team, monitor and submit daily, weekly and monthly performance reports.
- Determine the human and material resources required and manage them to meet production targets.
- Provide necessary training to production employees.
- Monitor and review the performance of staff and organize necessary interventions for improvement.
- Ensure the production is at optimal levels and institute corrective actions to eliminate deficiencies that may arise in the systems.
- Implement standard operating procedures for production operations and ensure they are adhered to.
- Monitor quality standards of products. Implement and enforce quality control and tracking programs to meet quality objectives.
- Ensure implementation and adherence to health and safety procedures.
- Ensure compliance to Quality, Environment, Health and Safety Standards in line with internal policies and set laws.
- Diploma in Process or Production Engineering or any other relevant qualification from a recognized institution.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Business related field would be an added advantage
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar capacity in a busy manufacturing environment.
- Working knowledge of Health, Safety and Quality management process.
- Good working knowledge and understanding of Kaizen, GMP and factory processes & technology.
- Basic proficiency with computer applications and programs including email and Microsoft Office.
- Able to effectively utilize the allocated resources in a cost effective way.
- Able to plan and prioritize workload and maximize productivity.
- Able to direct and motivate the team.
- Ability to manage teams – performance and discipline
- Capable of making fast and sound decisions.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Confident and bold to communicate and make critical decisions.
- Excellent management and leadership skills.
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV and copies of your certificate quoting the job title on the email subject (Production Supervisor – Plastics) to firstname.lastname@example.org before 24th April 2019.
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for the interviewing process. Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.