Procurement Officer Job, Procurement Kenyan Jobs June 2021,
Position: Procurement Officer (1 Nairobi) ,
Date of Commencement of Duty: July 2021 ,
Duty Station: CSA Nairobi Office. Duration: 1 year, renewable contract,
Procurement Management tasks
- Source, select and negotiate for the best package in terms of quality, price, terms, deliveries and after sales services with vendors in line with the laid down policies and procedures-including but not limited to procuring travels, workshop venues, equipment, stationery and one-off goods and or services.
- Prepare procurement plan and ensure delivery of goods and services as per the set out timelines.
- Ensure compliance with both organization and donor procurement policies and procedures.
- Conduct all project related procurements under the Purchase Workflow system through accounting system.
- Liaise with the administrative and logistics manager in obtaining specification of goods and services to be procured.
- Ensuring continuous supply and timely delivery of goods and services as and when required for day to day operations of the DREAMS TUMIKIA MTOTO program
- Assist in the vendor prequalification by participating in receiving and opening of tender documents.
- Work with relevant program team members in handling all vendor related complaints with regards to goods and services.
- Ensure all working documents regarding purchases are accurately completed and duly signed, recorded, filed and easily retrievable
- Update and maintain all procurement and logistics filing systems • As the technical expert in procurement will be the secretary to the procurement committee
Key Performance Indicators
To facilitate the tracking of the job holder’s performance during the year, the following performance indicators have been identified and agreed upon:
- All procurements conducted in line with laid down policies and procedures. – • All procurements raised through Purchase Workflow with a resultant LPO to the vendor before obtaining goods/services
- All procurement requests to contain specifications of goods and/or services required to meet the needs of the requisition department/unit/program • Goods and services required for day to day operations available at the time required
- Participation in and execution of tasks assigned during the vendor prequalification exercise
- All vendor related complaints, queries and/or grievances responded to within 2 working days and resolved amicably; with a report prepared and filed • All payments duly supported with complete documentation from the procurement process
- Meticulously maintained procurement and logistics files and documents • Up-to-date and duly completed minutes for all procurement team meetings
The minimum required academic and professional skills for the jobholder to perform successfully in their job are:
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration/Management, Commerce or a related field.
- Diploma in Purchasing and Supply Chain Management/Logistics.
- Membership in KISM or MCIPS will be an added advantage.
- Experience in years and indicate level of experience
- At least 5 years’ post qualification experience in the Procurement management with sound understanding of USAID Procurement rules and regulations. Essential competencies
- Must be a person with unquestionable integrity
- Must demonstrate ability to achieve value for money in procurement processes • Must be a team player
- Must be result-oriented
- Ability to work under strict deadlines
- Ability to classify and manage priorities
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Excellent organization and coordination skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Highly proficient in MS Word, Excel, Access, Power-point and the use of Internet for research
How to apply
Written applications including Cover Letter and Curriculum Vitae indicating position and the county/ward applied for with day-time contact phone number(s) of three references
The application should reach the Administrative Manager by not later than June 14th, 2021 on E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Administrative Manager
Center for the Study of Adolescence
Mbaazi Avenue, Off Kingara Road, Lavington
P.O. Box 19329-00202, Nairobi; E-mail: email@example.comN.B: DONT Miss Out On Your Next JOB. Register Your CV With US. Click Here To Upload Your CV.. It's FREE.