Procurement & Administration Officer Job, Latest Procurement Jobs,
Reports To: Head of Finance and Administration,
Direct Reportees: Drivers and Admin assistant/receptionist,
Indirect Reportees: Administration officers – projects,
Administration and logistics
- Participate in the development, implementation and interpretation of administration policies and procedures,
- Execute the transport policy and asset management plan.
- Efficiently manage CHAK’s fleet of vehicles.
- Monitor assets usage and generate monthly reports.
- Maintain an accurate asset register.
- Coordinate local travel including taxis services.
- Oversee front office operations including mails and courier services.
- Record keeping of all LPOs, RFPs, Quotations and Tender Documents
- Generate annual budgets for the section.
- Coordinate the maintenance and disposal of assets in line with CHAK’s policy.
- Ensure all operational licenses are timely acquired and rates paid.
- Timely renewal of all relevant insurances.
- Implement all policies and procedures relating to procurement.
- Generate annual procurement plan for the organization.
- Operationalize and implement all procurement laws, regulations, and guidelines applicable in the tendering process and all processes throughout the Organization.
- Coordinate pre-qualification of suppliers.
- Offer advisory services to user departments for cost effective and efficient procurement.
- Maintain an accurate database of all suppliers.
- Lead and participate in procurement committee deliberations including tendering and bidding processes.
- Generate Purchase Orders and ensure timely delivery of goods and services.
- Advise the Head of Finance and Administration on areas of improvements.
- Generate monthly procurement report.
- Participate in departmental meetings.
Qualifications and requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Commerce, Finance or related disciplines
- Diploma in Purchasing and supplies or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
- Member of CIPS or KIMS
- At least 5 years’ experience having served in a comparable position in a large NGO.
- Experience in budgeting and financial management
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Experience in designing and improving internal controls to improve efficiency.
- Knowledge and experience in the use of basic computer packages
How To Apply
Applications with detailed CV with names & contacts of 3 referees and copies of relevant professional certificates should be sent to CHAK Secretariat by post or Email using the contacts below.
The General Secretary
P.O. Box 30690 – 00100 GPO Nairobi
Tel. (020)4441920 / 0733-334419
The closing date for receiving all applications is February 26th, 2021.
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.