Our client is one of the leading exporters of fresh produce to international markets such as the Middle East and European Markets. They seek to hire an Operations Manager who will work together with the Director to ensure smooth day to day running of the organization and packhouse orders to meet the overall targets and objectives of the company.
Title: Operations Manager – Export
Industry: Export (Fresh Produce)
Salary: 100k – 120K
- Manage overall operations and is responsible for the effective and successful management of labor, productivity, quality control and safety measures as established and set for the Operations Department
- Ensure safe and efficient operations. Serve as a company representative on regulatory issues. Enhance the operational procedure, systems and principles in the areas of information flow and management, business processes, enhanced management reporting and looks for opportunities to expand systems.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company’s policies and applicable laws.
- In charge of interviewing, selection and hiring; training new and existing employees; planning, assigning and directing work; authoring and discussing with employees performance appraisals.
- Addressing employee performance and corrective action plans; employee motivation and rewards.
- Organizing the budget of the company in collaboration with the director.
- Planning and allocating of staff duties i.e. allocate task and set production target to ensure timely and accurate completion of timely targets.
- In Charge of activities of the pack house and the Pack House Manager in assigned aspects of daily operations.
- Prepare the plan order and receive the material as per plan order
- Meet quality targets through adherence of established operational methods and workplace standards
- Involved in the training of new staff members when they join the pack house or organization.
- Ensure the effective and efficient utilization of material to avoid wastage
- Ensure health & safety regulations are adhered to
- Maintain production equipment so as to reduce breakdown and ensure good working order
- Conducting regularly scheduled performance reviews of the staff reporting to him as per the organization’s policy.
- Conducting daily and regular quality checkups to ensure the packed house is in the right order at all times.
- Supervise and coordinate production & mold changeover, shutdown, monitoring of daily preventive maintenance
- Preparing daily reports regarding labour and job accomplished.
- Maintain up to date production record
- Any other duty as may be assigned by the Management from time to time.
- Diploma/Degree in Business Administration or related fields
- At least 5 years of relevant experience
- Good analytical and interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate technical issues and manage multiple priorities
- Good reporting skills
- Computer literate
How To Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience, please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Operations Manager – Export) to email@example.com on or before 16th April 2019.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV.
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for the interviewing process. Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.