Office Driver Jobs, Driver Jobs In Kenya, Title: Office Driver, Location: Nairobi, Reporting to: Finance and Administration Coordinator (FAC), Gross Salary: 45k – 55k,
Our client is a governance international non-governmental organization. They seek to hire an office driver who will be responsible for ensuring the safe transportation of all staff members, consultants, and visitors and ensuring all office vehicles are in good working condition. He also supports the team in matters relating to events, logistics and administration.
- Driving the office vehicles in a responsible and secure manner and in accordance with the Kenyan Traffic Law and the Office Rules and Regulations including Codes of Conduct.
- Actively offering his services to all the staff, relevant consultants, visitors, and interns and managing competing demands effectively, including by providing transparency over his ongoing and upcoming tasks on the office notice board at all times.
- Demonstrating a friendly and polite behavior towards all staffs, guests and partners of the organisation travelling in the vehicle.
- Ensuring the safety of all passengers, including their utilization of seat belts at all times, and conducting vehicle checks before every field travel, using the check list.
- Ensuring that indemnity forms are signed and submitted for every guest staff travelling on the organisations vehicles before rides are taken.
- Ensuring proper maintenance of all office vehicles and guaranteeing that vehicles are at all times traffic worthy. This includes day-to-day maintenance of the vehicles such as checking diesel, fuel, oil, water level, battery, breaks, tires pressure etc. Also performing minor repairs, facilitating major repairs with legitimate/assigned garages, and ensuring that the vehicles are kept clean daily both inside and outside. Taking the vehicles to the prescribed regular checkup. Monitoring expiry dates of vehicle insurances and notifying the FAC of the need to renew with one month’s notice.
- Maintain a record of all vehicle repairs in the vehicle files.
- Ensure proper maintenance of the office generator, including purchase of diesel, and recording it in the generator logbook.
- Keeping a logbook for the daily use of the car and submitting every completed logbook page without delay for review and filing to the Finance and Administration Coordinator. In doing so, the OD must fill in all necessary information on the form, including diesel/fuel consumption, and all records associated with vehicle maintenance and purpose of each trip. The OD should fill in mileage number every time when filling up gasoline, recording the volume procured. The fuel tanks must be kept above a minimum level of one quarter and should always be refilled completely to allow for effective fuel consumption monitoring.
- The OD is held responsible for appropriate use of diesel/gasoline. He will be requested to calculate consumption per 100 km after every fueling. If he notices inappropriate or unusual fuel consumption, he has to bring this to the attention of the FAC and take the cars for a check-up and/or rule out any other reason for potential over-consumption of diesel/gasoline.
- Making timely requests for the topping up of the fuel cards of the office, using the appropriate forms and procedures and providing the required supporting documentation.
- Ensuring that in case of an accident, the car insurance company is contacted immediately and the FAC and the Head of Office are informed without delay; representing the interests of the organisation in all claims with the insurance company and/or other parties.
- Going to the post office to check the mailbox for any incoming mail or to send mail regularly. Before going out to the post office, the OD should make certain that he has checked if there is any outgoing mail.
- Checking the organisation’s mail box at the German Embassy regularly.
- Maintaining a delivery book and ensuring all his/her deliveries are properly recorded.
- Performing other duties as requested, such as going to the bank, paying bills, obtaining quotations as requested by either the programme or the finance team members, purchasing of office supplies in cooperation with the Finance and Administration Coordinator and the Accounts and Administration Assistant.
- Assisting the Finance and Administration Coordinator, the Accountant and the Accounts and Administration Assistant with clerical duties and public affairs services as required, including photocopying, reception, answering the telephone, and communicating with government agencies, e.g. collecting forms, making inquiries or delivering documents.
- Assisting in logistical arrangements of events organized at or by the office, e.g. the monthly Gender Forum, including setting up and clearing furniture and equipment, managing the sound system, running the reception desk, etc. The OD will also be responsible for ensuring the safe return and keeping in good order of the assigned event equipment (lights, sound system incl. microphones, laptop, protector, screens, tents, furniture).
- Keeping and maintaining a monthly schedule of planned trips and other regular duties
- Take full responsibility for the loss of money entrusted to the OD for the payment of bills.
- Carrying out any task assigned by the Head of Office or others on behalf of the Head of Office.
- At least have a KCSE certificate. Technical training in driving is a must.
- Certificate in Vehicle Mechanics including Motor Vehicle Auto electrician
- Valid BCE driving license
- Minimum 3 years work experience
- Excellent interpersonal relations skills and good in teamwork.
- Good understanding of the road act
- Must have training in First aid and safety
- Defensive driving
- Able to prioritize the work effectively in order to achieve optimum outcomes
- Patience and ability to accommodate diversity
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Good grooming
How to apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Office Driver) to firstname.lastname@example.org before 20th December 2019.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV.N.B: Would you like us to consider you for a job opening? Boost your job search. Upload Your CV Here. It's FREE