Nurse Anaesthetist Job, Latest Medical Jobs,
Main Purpose Of The Job
The purpose of the position is to glorify God through the provision of safe anaesthesia services to patients
- Meeting patients before their procedure to conduct pre-operative examinations (which includes measuring weight, height, fluid levels etc).
- Determining appropriate anaesthetic or sedation for patient based on pre-operative examination and prior medical history.
- Explaining anaesthetic process to patients and re-assuring them before they are led into the operating theatre under their supervision.
- Administering appropriate type of anaesthesia (local, regional, general or sedation) to patients via a variety of methods including inhalation or intravenous injection.
- Recording vital details, including type of anaesthesia administered, dosage, method of administration and patient’s condition.
- Positioning patients on operating tables, ensuring they are warm and comfortable.
- Monitoring patients throughout their medical procedure and dealing immediately with any problems that arise.
- Safely waking patients from their procedure whilst maintaining appropriate levels of pain killer/sedation without causing unnecessary nausea and side-effects.
- Working co-operatively with other medical professions, including surgeons and theatre nurses to manage patients from end-to-end and deal with chronic pain complaints etc.
- Anaesthetist jobs may also involve training medical students and fellow medical professionals on patient care related to the administration of anaesthetic agents.
Level of Education/Academic Qualification
- Secondary School Education (KCSE).
Specialised Training/Professional Qualifications
- Diploma in Clinical Medicine and Surgery/ Nursing
- Higher diploma in Anaesthesia
- Registered by relevant body
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience.
Other Competencies/Abilities/Skills Required
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and analytical skills with meticulous attention to detail.
- Computer literacy, with proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to work effectively with a team in a culturally diverse environment
- A good understanding of community dynamics. Knowledge and familiarity with the community
Relevant Job Experience
- Must have worked in a similar position for at least three years in a similar position.
How To Apply
Qualified and interested candidates should download the NCCK Job Application Form from the NCCK website. Candidates are advised to STRICTLY send the application form ONLY, duly filled in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating job title in the email subject line. The application forms to be received before close of business on 25 November 2020. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
The Public is advised that NCCK does NOT charge any fee whatsoever for application, processing, interviewing or securing employment.N.B: Would you like us to consider you for a job opening? Boost your job search. Upload Your CV Here. It's FREE