Network Operations Officer Jobs In Kenya, IT Kenyan Jobs, Title: Network Operations Officer-Team lead, Industry: Telecommunications, Reports to: NOC Manager, Location: Nanyuki, Gross Salary: 120-180k,
Our client is a fixed Internet service provider specialized in bringing affordable connectivity and related services to remote areas. They seek to hire a network operations officer team lead who will be responsible for the scoping, design, implementation and management of the core IP Network to support customer last mile IP connectivity solutions. The candidate must have Juniper experience as a skill set.
- Responsible for overseeing the day to day network operations and the work of the network engineers to ensure that system requirements have been have been properly implemented.
- Responsible for informing Management, partners and peers about network performance and service availability to ensure maximum possible service availability and performance
- Responsible for incident management, alerts/events management, configuration management, network performance, network status and data including real time capacity and availability.
- Coordinating the duty shift table for the NOC operations and carefully allocating staff members on different shift duties for ensuring the whole NOC shift
- Designing, Implementing and Managing the Network Infrastructure to support the company’s product portfolio works in an efficient and effective manner
- Support and advice the Network Manager and the Infrastructure Manager to identify options for building an IP and Transmission backbone and/or leveraging existing infrastructure.
- Aid the solutions engineering team on the technical solutions proposals to meet the customer’s requirements (including Customer BOQs and installation estimates) and validate with the Technical team.
- Assist the Sales team in answering requests for quotations / information, bids, proposals, solution descriptions and statements of work.
- Liaise with the rest of the Network Engineering team to ensure that the proposed designs for both core infrastructure and customer solutions complements the core IP network.
- Act as the customer support 4th Level escalation point
- Degree or Diploma in Telecommunications, Computer Science / IT or Electronics & Communication or related fields
- 3 -5 years of hands on experience working in Data Centers/ ISP with an emphasis on Network and Systems Operations Center (NOC)
- Technical Certifications such as Juniper JNCIA, JNCIS-SP, and JNCIP-SP preferred. Cisco CCNP or equivalent industry certification an added advantage
- Strong understanding of telecoms networks and technologies with practical demonstrable experience with advanced routing protocols such as BGP, OSPF, MPLS, VPLS, TE on vendor equipment from Cisco, Mikrotik, Juniper (Juniper experience is Mandatory)
- Basics of RF theory and modelling capability on licensed and unlicensed bands
- Strong Desire to automate network activities – Experience with programming/scripting languages will be an added advantage
- Proven ability to understand customers’ business needs and translate these into technical requirements and solutions
- Familiarity with cloud and virtualized environments or IP based value-added services
- Good verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Must be a good team leader
- Willingness and ability to learn new products and network technologies quickly, often without the focus of formalized training.
- Positive, service-oriented personality
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Network Operation Officer – Team Lead) to firstname.lastname@example.org before Monday 9th December 2019.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for the interviewing process. Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.