Network Infrastructure Manager Jobs, Engineering Jobs In Kenya, Title: Network Infrastructure Manager – Telecommunications, Location: Nanyuki, Salary: 150k – 200k,
Our client is a fixed Internet service provider specialized in bringing affordable connectivity and related services to remote areas. They seek to hire an Infrastructure Manager who will be responsible for the design, installation, and management of company’s core network infrastructure to support customers’ wired and wireless connectivity requirements.
- Design, plan, and manage the expansion of company’s core infrastructure across Kenya and potentially neighboring countries, ensuring that it meets both existing and future requirements for capacity, path diversity, and redundancy.
- Develop, implement, and maintain policies, procedures, and associated training plans for network infrastructure design, installation, and maintenance.
- Develop and manage a team of Solution engineers that can scope and design leading technical solutions to meet customer requirements.
- Manage and ensure optimal operation of all network infrastructure assets, including power solutions, routers, switches, hubs, and so on. Assess, approve, and administer all network infrastructure equipment.
- Negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure network infrastructure products and services.
- Establish and monitor service level agreements with upstream data providers to enable the company to meet target customer service level agreements.
- Provide input to RFPs, bid proposals, contracts, scope of work reports, and other documentation for sales proposals and associated efforts.
- Perform infrastructure cost modelling, including cost-benefit and return on investment analyses for proposed systems to support decision-making.
- Manage and monitor network infrastructure performance, provide network performance statistics and reports, and develop strategies for optimizing network performance.
- Degree in Electrical and Electronics Engineering /HND/ Diploma (or related technical field) with a bias in Telecomm.
- 5 years of relevant experience, managing complex projects for small and large scale telecoms and/or ISPs in challenging environments such as remote/rural areas
- People leadership and management skills – at least 3 years of managerial experience
- Broad experience of Core Infrastructure Network Planning, Design, Implementation and Maintenance experience, including power solutions, wireless carrier builds, and transmission set up.
- “Technical guru” in wired and wireless networks – at least 5 years in Wired (Copper and Optical Fiber Communication) and Wireless (Licensed and Unlicensed Radio Microwave Communication Systems) network set up.
- Effective with people – demonstrated ability to build and energize teams
- Well organized, highly motivated – strong “can-do” attitude, disciplined and process-oriented execution
- Creative problem solver that thrives on challenges and can cope with limited resources
- Able to perform financial modelling for the purpose of creating needs assessments, budgets, and forecasting.
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment and make sound decisions in emergency situations.
- Able to present technical ideas and concepts in a user-friendly language
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Team-oriented, collaborative working style.
- Willingness and flexibility to travel for extended periods of time, potentially at short notice.
How to Apply
Please only send your CV quoting the job title in the email subject (Network Infrastructure Manager – Telecommunications) to firstname.lastname@example.org before Friday 20th December 2019. Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV.
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing.