Member Service Manager Jobs, Agricultural Jobs 2020,
Member outreach and engagement
- Using a variety of channel, market CGA services to potential members and partners.
- Carrying out regular review of member business support needs.
- Coordinating the development of appropriate member outreach and training interventions.
- Updating members and partners on ongoing interventions.
Member training services
- Reviewing member and staff training needs.
Working with partners, take lead in designing member training modules and approach.
- Organizing business linkage forums such as trade fairs, field days, workshops among others.
- Support member collective action efforts for enhanced operational efficiency.
- Development and dissemination of training and communication materials
- In consultation with industry players and members, develop an annual calendar of technology dissemination and training events.
- Serve as the liaison with various county Governments in support of member access to extension services.
Policy advocacy execution
- In consultation with relevant stakeholders, prepare and submit the Association’s position on emerging issues in the cereals sub sector.
- Present the organization’s position at relevant policy, legislation and regulation shaping convenings.
- University Degree in Agronomy, Agricultural Education and Extension, Agricultural Economics or Agricultural Engineering. A Master’s degree in the same field would be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience within the Agricultural industry, preferably in Technical Sales, Business Development, Agricultural Extension or Research.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and pro-actively as part of a large team.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Strong entrepreneurial drive.
- Capacity to fit in the farmer’s shoes (listening capacity)
- Strong networking and mobilization skills.
- Flexible team player who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
How To Apply
Applicants should send a cover letter, CV explaining their interest in the position, what they can bring to the job and the names and addresses (including telephone and email contacts) of three referees who are knowledgeable about the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience to firstname.lastname@example.org before or on 15th June 2020. The position title should be clearly marked on the subject line of the cover letter.
Cereal Growers Association (www.cga.co.ke) is an equal opportunity employer.