Management Accountant Jobs In Kenya.
Nairobi. Full Time. Retail & Energy Sector
About the Company
A player in the LPG Distribution
The Management Accountant reports to the Directors and is a strategic role with responsibility in company finance, accounting and reporting functions.
• Bachelor of Science in Accounting or Finance | CPA qualification | SAGE Experience
• Experience Level: Mid level
• Experience Length: 5 Years( a minimum of 2 years which should be managerial position or leading teams)
Key Result Areas
• Profitability of the business in line with budgetary provisions.
• Implementation of the business plan and attainment of the business targets.
• Accounting & reporting efficiency
Key Responsibilities and performance areas
Financial Planning and Monitoring
- Maintaining and balancing subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, reconciling transactions and resolving discrepancies
- Maintaining general ledger by transferring subsidiary accounts; preparing trial balance; reconciling entries
- Summarizing financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet; profit and loss and other statements
- Preparing and recording assets, liability, revenue and expenses entries by compiling and analyzing account information
- Performing bank reconciliation and ensuring correct banking is done
- Analyzing financial information and financial status
Maintaining the payroll
- Safe keeping of company records and assets
- Filing of all company tax returns i.e. PAYE, VAT and INCOME TAX and ensuring statutory payments are done on time;
- Monitoring customer account details for non–payments, delayed payments, generate age analysis and followup on customer payments
- Performing month–end accounting activities such as reconciliations and journal entries
- Coordinating with the accounts team to complete assigned accounting tasks
- Generating financial reports and statements to directors for review
- Analyse inventory analysis reports and resolve variances
- Preparing the month end stock valuations, validating the Cost of sales and margin analysis
- Reconciling inventory accounts to the general ledger
People Leadership and Management
- Providing leadership and guidance to a team of accountants monitoring their performance and general quality of work
- Working collaboratively with sales and logistics teams to achieve shared goals
- Ensuring practical learning experiences for trainees the organization by providing accounting support and guidance
- Ensuring rules and regulations are adhered to by all users
- Motivating and coach the team to operational success
- Consistently promote high standards through personal example and ensuring each member of the team understands the standards and behavior expected of
Minimum Requirements & Competencies
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting Option
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA–K)
- Strong knowledge of MS Office
- Experience in SAGE software an added advantage
- At least 4 years’ experience in an FMCG company in the same position.
- Excellent communication and administrative skills
- Exceptional in planning and organizing
- Solution oriented
- Workflow financial management skills
- Ability to work in a competitive and challenging environment
- Self–driven/Goal focused/Target driven
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to meet all assigned deadline
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong leadership and commercial acumen.
How To Apply
To Apply send your cover letter and detailed CV and academic certificates to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com before 15th October 2021.