Maintenance Supervisor Job, Latest Engineering Jobs,
He/ she is responsible for managing and coordinating the following services: Hospital buildings maintenance and renovations, maintenance of hospital compound, water and sanitation, solid waste management, artisan works and supervision of hospital farm. He/ she will identify areas requiring attention early enough and advice accordingly.
- Oversee the upkeep and maintenance of all facilities under the Hospital; conduct regular inspections, identify repairs needed and prepare a detailed yearly maintenance program;
- Implementation of facilities policies and procedures consistent with those of the organization to ensure efficient and safe operation of all the facilities.
- Oversee activities of contractors, and all other repairs and ensure work is done on time
- Implement and comply with the recommendations of Health and Safety regulations and Occupational, Safety and Health Audit Reports at the Hospital
- Prepare and present reports on a timely basis for approval
- Develop a comprehensive preventive maintenance program
- Oversee and monitor the work of staff that are part of the facilities management team
- Inspects sites regularly to identify the needs and plan for necessary action
- Prepare weekly and annual maintenance schedules and allocate work as per forecasted workloads
- Supervise and train workers
- Coordinate maintenance activities
- Oversee all repairs and ensure work is done on time
- Maintain all inventory and equipment and ensure proper storage
- Comply with all health and safety regulations and practices on site
- Conduct preventive maintenance activities
- Conduct safety inspections as scheduled
- Supervise Water and sanitation and repairs involved
- Coordination of activities of the hospital farm
- Coordinate proper management of solid waste
- Supervise building and renovation works for the hospital
- Advise management on areas requiring attention.
- Minimum Diploma in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering or Projects Management from a recognized Institution.
- Minimum two (2) years relevant experience in a busy reputable maintenance/technical department preferably in a Hospital setting.
- Solid understanding of technical aspects of building trades, cleaning/ plumbing procedures, carpentry, masonry and electrical systems and general maintenance procedures.
- Good understanding of health and safety procedures.
- Exceptional ability to prioritize and perform maintenance tasks and repairs.
- Working knowledge of record keeping and preparing maintenance schedules.
- Experience taking inventory of maintenance materials and replacement parts.
- Proficiency in working with budgets and advising on maintenance and repair costs.
- Exposure in work order system will be an added advantage
- Must be a mature practicing Christian.
Required Skills & Competencies
- Good technical understanding of Hospital facilities.
- Ability to write detailed reports.
- Good verbal communication.
- Exceptional organizing, planning, problem solving and creative thinking skills.
- High level of integrity.
- Team orientation.
- Works well under pressure and beats deadlines
- Computer literate
- Time management skills
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills
- Creativity and innovativeness
How To Apply
Candidates who meet above minimum requirements are requested to submit their applications and enclosing their detailed CV (with 3 referees), certificates, testimonials (including a letter from local Church Minister) so as to reach the Chief Executive Officer by 4 p.m on Friday 19th March 2021.
PCEA Chogoria Hospital
P.O. Box 35 – 60401
firstname.lastname@example.orgN.B: Would you like us to consider you for a job opening? Boost your job search. Upload Your CV Here. It's FREE