ICU Nurse Job, Current Medical Jobs,
Main Purpose Of The Job
To constantly monitoring patients with highly unstable physical conditions and therefore will only be responsible for one or two patients at a time. Additionally, you must be able to provide emotional support to gravely ill patients and their families.
- Identify patients’ age-specific needs and alter care plans as necessary to meet those needs.
- Perform approved therapeutic or diagnostic procedures based upon patients’ clinical status.
- Evaluate patients’ vital signs and laboratory data to determine emergency intervention needs.
- Administer blood and blood products, monitoring patients for signs and symptoms related to transfusion reactions.
- Administer medications intravenously, by injection, orally, through gastric tubes, or by other methods.
- Advocate for patients’ and families’ needs or provide emotional support for patients and their families.
- Set up and monitor medical equipment and devices such as cardiac monitors, mechanical ventilators and alarms, oxygen delivery devices, transducers, and pressure lines.
- Monitor patients’ fluid intake and output to detect emerging problems such as fluid and electrolyte imbalances.
- Assess patients’ psychosocial status and needs including areas such as sleep patterns, anxiety, grief, anger, and support systems.
- Collaborate with other health care professionals to develop and revise treatment plans based on identified needs and assessment data.
- Compile and analyze data obtained from monitoring or diagnostic tests.
- Conduct pulmonary assessments to identify abnormal respiratory patterns or breathing sounds that indicate problems.
- Document patients’ medical histories and assessment findings.
- Document patients’ treatment plans, interventions, outcomes, or plan revisions.
- Identify patients who are at risk of complications due to nutritional status.
- Prioritize nursing care for assigned critically ill patients based on assessment data and identified needs.
- Assist physicians with procedures such as bronchoscopy, endoscopy, endotracheal intubation, and elective cardioversion.
- Identify malfunctioning equipment or devices.
- Plan, provide, or evaluate educational programs for nursing staff, interdisciplinary health care team members, and community members.
- Supervise and monitor unit nursing staff.
- Any other job advised by Medical Superintendent from time to time
Level of Education/Academic Qualification
- Diploma / Degree in Nursing.
Specialised Training/Professional Qualifications
- Higher Diploma in Critical Care Nursing
Other Competencies/Abilities/Skills Required
- Knowledge in Medical services
- Administrative skills
- Leadership trait
- Self-motivated and quick to take initiative
Relevant Job Experience
- Must have worked in a similar position for at least five years
How To Apply
Qualified and interested candidates should download the NCCK Job Application Form from the NCCK website. Candidates are advised to STRICTLY send the application form ONLY, duly filled in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating job title in the email subject line. The application forms to be received before close of business on 25 November 2020. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
The Public is advised that NCCK does NOT charge any fee whatsoever for application, processing, interviewing or securing employment.N.B: Would you like us to consider you for a job opening? Boost your job search. Upload Your CV Here. It's FREE