Head Of Expansion Jobs, Project Management Jobs, Jobs In Nairobi.
Our client is a leading healthcare company providing high quality and affordable medical services within Africa. They are looking for a Head of Branch expansion to Lead the organization’s expansion through site selection, lease negotiation, renovation and project management to hit launch day on time and on budget. S/He will lead the organization’s “Expansion Machine”, overseeing the end-to-end process from area selection to branch launch.
Title: Head of Expansion – Healthcare
Location: Nairobi with frequent travel
Salary: Competitive based on experience
The role holder will manage three teams led by:
- Location search manager – responsible for selecting highly populated areas for future Penda Medical Centers, selecting sites (existing residential or commercial properties), and negotiating leases
- Construction Manager – responsible for renovating our newly leased locations into beautiful and high quality Penda Medical Centers that attract lots of patients
- Project Manager – responsible for coordinating cross-departmental teams to conduct due diligence on potential locations and to open branches on time, at high quality and within our budget
- Hire, manage, grow and inspire your team every day
- Fully understand Penda’s business needs and expansion goals and translate that understanding into operational plans for your team
- Develop the processes required to consistently open Medical Centers at high quality and speed to allow Penda to grow at its desired pace
- Manage expansion budgets. Champion creative initiatives to reduce investment in new branches while maintaining quality
- Work with your team to set the location strategy for new areas. Constantly review risks and location quality criteria to enhance our ability to expand
- Coordinate cross departmental teams to achieve Penda’s expansion goals through best-in-class project management. Motivate and inspire them around a common goal
- Manage risk within the expansion function and communicate about it to the company’s leadership. Ensure we negotiate good leases that protect the company
- Problem solve blocks in lease negotiations, construction and project management to keep us on track
- Oversee day-to-day operations of expansion – keep track of all the moving pieces, ensure adherence to financial controls, etc
- Navigate a complex regulatory setting for renovation and healthcare facilities
- Constantly review expansion processes and structures and conduct blame-free project reviews
- Use data to underpin your proposals and assessments. Debate and lead your team to make logical decisions
- Be a leader at Penda and a role model for our culture, vision and values. Make us all excited about our growth plans
- 5+ years experience in project management
- 2+ years in a leadership role in an operational department or other relevant experience
- Demonstrated track record in delivering business results and experience managing teams in a complex expansion or project setting
- Strong analytical and Excel skills, and good understanding of accounting and budgeting
- Willingness to travel, locally and internationally
- Energy and resilience
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Head of Expansion – Healthcare) to email@example.com before 16th August 2019.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV
Candidates will be evaluated on a rolling basis (first to apply is first to be evaluated)
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for the interviewing process. Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.