General Manager Job, HR Kenyan Job Vacancies 2021,
Title: General Manager – Fertilizer Production,
Industry – Manufacturing,
Gross Salary: 700k,
Our client is a leader in fertilizer granulation production with its first manufacturing plant in Sub Saharan Africa located in Kenya. They seek to hire a General Manager to direct and manage the organizations business activities and to develop and implement effective business strategies and programs
- Direct and control the work and resources of the company and ensure the recruitment and retention of the required numbers and types of well-motivated, trained and developed staff to ensure that the Fertilizer Plant achieves its mission and objectives.
- Prepare a corporate plan and annual business plan and monitor progress against these plans to ensure that the company attains its objectives as cost-effectively and efficiently as possible.
- Provide strategic advice and guidance to the Chair and members of the board, to keep them aware of developments within the industry and ensure that the appropriate policies are developed to meet the company’s mission and objectives and to comply with all relevant statutory and other regulations.
- Establish and maintain effective formal and informal links with relevant government departments and agencies, state authorities, key decision-makers and other stakeholders generally, to exchange information and views and to ensure that the plant is well compliant at all stages.
- Develop and maintain research and development programs to ensure that the company remains at the forefront in the industry, applies the most cost-effective methods and approaches, provides leading-edge products and services and develops a competitive edge over others within the industry.
- Prepare, gain acceptance, and monitor the implementation of the annual budget to ensure that budget targets are met, that revenue flows are maximized and that fixed costs are minimized.
- Develop and maintain an effective marketing and public relations strategy to promote the products, services and image of the company in the wider community.
- Represent the company in negotiations with customer, suppliers, government departments and other key contacts to secure for it the most effective contract terms.
- Develop and maintain Total Quality Management systems throughout the company to ensure that the best possible products and services are provided to customers.
- Develop, promote and direct the implementation of equal opportunities policies in all aspects of the company’s work.
- Oversee the preparation of the annual report and accounts of the company and ensure their approval by the board.
- Develop and direct the implementation of policies and procedures to ensure that the company complies with all health and safety and other statutory regulations.
- Timely reporting to the board and executives on monthly / weekly basis on organizational plans and performance.
- Recruit, select and develop executive team members.
- Execute the responsibilities of a General Manager according to lawful and ethical standards and promoting sound corporate governance.
- Cultivating and encouraging a productivity culture in the company.
- Establishing, directing and managing the company’s managerial, financial and operational systems, procedures and controls to ensure that they are professionally workable and sustainable.
- Nurturing the organization Human Resource and ensuring that appropriate management structures and policies are developed and implemented.
- Ensure that the activities of the company meet the requirements for quality management, health and safety, legal stipulations, environmental policies and general duty of care.
- To fully utilize our production capacity within the next 3 years or earlier.
- Graduate with a higher degree in a management discipline or a professional qualification
- At least 10 years’ senior level experience of management of people and resources.
- A proven record of success in senior level general or commercial management, preferably in a related industry.
- A wide knowledge of Agriculture / FMCG industry preferably with experience in factory set up and management.
- An understanding of financial management and wider management principles and techniques.
- Presentational skills with an appreciation of the demands of conflicting interests and of meeting statutory requirements.
- High level of commercial awareness.
- Excellent leadership, communication, organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualifications and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (General Manager – Fertilizer Production) to email@example.com on or before 9th September 2021N.B: 1.Dont Miss Out On Your Next Job. Let's Have Your CV. Upload Your CV Here. NB: 2. How Can I Advance In My Career?. Check Out Best Training For Your Profession.