Flagship Retail Store Manager Jobs,
Title: Flagship Retail Store Manager,
Reporting to: Head of Retail,
Our client is the largest and most diverse book-seller and distributor in Africa. They seek to hire a a self-motivated and results-driven Flagship Retail Store Manager to direct and manage the Flagship’s business activities and to develop and implement effective business strategies and programs that will help us achieve our ambitious growth plans.
- Provide direct management of key functional managers in the business unit while overseeing the store’s talent acquisition, development and management.
- Ensure the development of tactical programs to pursue targeted goals and objectives that result in generating new business.
- Ensure the overall delivery and quality of the stores unrivalled customer experience with a view to ensuring sustainability.
- Evaluate and recommend key investments in equipment, infrastructure, and general store merchandise.
- Communicate strategy and store performance results to the store employees in a simplified manner that they understand in order to drive engagement and improved staff productivity
- Retail Trend Expertise – serve as a centre of excellence around retail excellence; inspire leadership and teams on best practice.
- Continually seeks to elevate the Text Book Centre brand within the store through elevated service levels and connection to the customers
- Partner with retail operations to align on roadmap for launch of programs, events and in-store capabilities
- Owns and hits/exceeds annual sales targets across the store’s product categories
- Creates a high-performance culture in the team where KPIs are always met and decisions are taken based on accurate data
- Manage financial budget including labour costs and overall expenses to guarantee mid and long-term profitability
- Prepares sales forecasts, reports and documents that aid in meeting annual and quarterly goals
- Maintains a high level of industry knowledge by remaining up to date and current on industry trends and issues constantly recommending ways to improve
- Maintains sales volume, product categories and selling prices by keeping current with supply and demand, changing trends, economic indicators, and competitors.
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration or related discipline.
- Masters or MBA will be an added advantage
- Minimum 10 years’ experience heading a retail store, including at least 5 years senior management experience of high turnover flagship store (+500m KSH) and/or 3 years leading multiple outlets
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office, including Excel, PowerPoint, SAP
- Proven track record of delivery of results including all retail KPIs
- Retail operational expertise and experience with budgeting, planning, and forecasting sales, inventory and staffing
- Proven leadership capabilities, with the ability to build, lead and manage high-performing teams and develop talent, succession planning
- Digital literacy along with understanding and hands on experience of Omni channel retailing
- Aesthetic understanding of the product proposition and merchandising
How to apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Flagship Retail Store Manager) to firstname.lastname@example.org before 20th January 2020.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV.