Field Security & Crisis Management Coordinator Job, Current NGO Jobs,
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC)’s Regional Delegation in Nairobi is recruiting an experienced, highly motivated and qualified person to fill the position of Field Security and Crisis Management Coordinator.
The Field Security & Crisis Management Coordinator oversees all aspects of security and crisis management in the Delegation. He/she will be tasked with advising the ICRC Management at strategic level, implementing/improving security and safety procedures, and running the day to day security related tasks for the Kenyan operation (including the management of the security team). The Field Security & Crisis Management coordinator ensures that ICRC sub structures covered by the Delegation adhere to the same security standards in Mombasa, Djibouti and Dar es Salaam.
- Ensures that the ICRC’s operations are carried out with the highest level of security for its staff and property and manages crisis situations;
- Ensures/is responsible for the implementation of minimum security management requirements in the Regional Delegation;
- Manages all safety and security matters, systems, policies and set ups;
- Manages the security team in Nairobi and contracted security personnel;
- Contributes to the delegation’s analysis of the humanitarian, political and security environment, risk assessment and the elaboration of related action plans;
- Liaises with all relevant external stakeholders such as weapon-bearers, authorities, security focal points within other organizations;
- Provides overall coaching on the Risk Assessment (RA) process, assists teams in applying the ICRC’s security and safety risk methodology;
- Ensures a precise information flow between ICRC staff and the security department;Has oversight, organizes or participates to security training to staff and ensures that appropriate security management tools are known and applied.
- University degree in law, International relations, security or equivalent;
- Minimum 10 -12 years overall professional experience;
- Significant professional field experience with a successful track record in managing security;
- Proven experience in crisis and security management;
- Must be fluent in written and spoken English language. Working level of French language would be an added asset;
- Willingness to travel frequently in the region.
How To Apply
The interested candidates should fill up a form by clicking the link below on or before the 26th February 2021 at 4:30 pm with the CV, motivation letter, including references details, supporting documents (Certificates, Diplomas, Degree etc) and current and expected remuneration to ICRC Nairobi Delegation, HR Department via:
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The reference Field Security & Crisis Management Coordinator must be stated in the application to be valid. If you do not fill out the required information as per the link provided or clearly state the position for which you are applying and attach the required certificates & other supporting documents, your application may not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applicants must have the permanent right to work in Kenya.
ICRC does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. All applications are free for all candidates and no one should require any payment or compensation during the recruitment process. May the candidate be asked for any fee, he/she must report to ICRC HR Department through the recruitment contact.
ICRC is committed to diversity and welcomes applications from qualified candidates regardless of disability, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour or ethnic and national origins, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.