Agricultural Jobs In Kenya.
Title: Field Agronomist – NORTH RIFT,
Location: North Rift,
Net Salary: 25k,
Our client is an Agribusiness SME based in Ruiru. They deal with organic passion fruits and avocados seeking to hire a Field Agronomist to handle business in NORTH RIFT region. They are looking to hire an individual who will be responsible for fruits purchases, farmer training and implementing standards and other farmers needs and product development activities.
- Registering and contracting new organic avocado farmers and conducting internal inspections in the project sites.
- Source for HASS variety avocados both conventional and organic as per the company annual forecast.
- Play a leading role in the maintenance of the company’s organic, Global Gap standards and SMETA scope within the contracted small holder farmers.
- Organizing and planning for harvesting schedules and picking there of fruits, purchasing of fruits and ensuring delivery there of the fruits to the company’s pack house in Ruiru town. The fruits should meet export quality of CAT 1 and sizes requirement as communicated on day-to-day basis.
- Recruit, train and supervise a pool of skilled harvesters on casual basis, the operatives will be responsible in harvesting of fruits according to the set operation procedures (OP) in line with organic and Global Gap standards.
- Always ensure fidelity in the buying process and provide Purchase documents the PCN on timely basis.
- Prepare reports and up to date accurate records that pertain to the field work.
- Plan for farmers training on organic farming principles, better orchard management and certifications for both Global Gap and organic standards.
- Communicate effectively about the company’s farmer development model, plans etc. to farmers, project stakeholders and the wider public in order to advance its vision and mission.
- You are obliged to conduct yourself in the best manner and any Company’s trade secrets and proprietary information should be kept confidentially.
- Effectively represent the company in meetings and forums that further the interest of avocado and other selected commodity value chains and the company.
- Proper control and maintenance of company’s field inventories, equipment and assets e.g., bikes etc.
- Ensure proper custody and maintenance of company’s property availed to you, especially motorbikes.
Qualifications and requirements
- Diploma (minimum) in Organic or General Agriculture.
- Minimum of 1 to 3 years of experience
- A good knowledge for fruit farming and working with small holder farmers.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must have a valid motorcycle driving license is a pre-requisite and essential.
- Ability to speak in local dialect in the respective regions.
- Creativity and work results orientation.
- Ability to work without close supervision.
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Agronomist – NORTH RIFT) to email@example.com before Wednesday 1st December 2021.N.B: 1.Dont Miss Out On Your Next Job. Let's Have Your CV. Upload Your CV Here. NB: 2. Advance & Grow In Your Career?. Check Out Best short Courses For You.