Farm Manager Jobs, Agricultural Jobs.
Our client is located in Makueni County, near Konza Techno City dealing in commercial farming, targeting both the domestic and export markets. The facility is well fenced, has a borehole on site, standby power, 5 greenhouses and a shade net covering approximately an acre. They are seeking to hire a farm manager who will be responsible for operational efficiency and be the “boots on the ground” in making a business case for the farm.
Job title: Farm Manager
Location: Makueni County
- Managing all on-farm activities to include planning of all seeding, nursery, growing and harvesting, sorting, packaging, pruning, pest control, record keeping, maintenance of standards of health and safety as per G.A.P Certificate
- Overall welfare of the plants in order to meet the 90% yield quota
- Assign duties, such as cultivation, irrigation, harvesting, pruning, packaging, grading and equipment maintenance
- Marketing of farm produce and Coordination with logistics and sales staff to ensure correct timing of harvest-ready produce
- Efficient utilization of farm labour to avoid high wage bill, and cutting down on unnecessary farm costs
- Stock-taking of farm Inputs and know when re-order levels are due
- Implement a farm records management system, and timely updates to management on progress status
- Prepare annual, bi-annual work plans and break then down into short to midterm work plans
- Report progress against work plans weekly, monthly and quarterly
- Embrace innovative ways to farming, advising on best practice
- Ensure adherence to Horticultural Crops Development Authority regulations, including Food Safety and Quality, Environment Safety and Workers Welfare, Health and Safety
- Post-harvest processing including storage and packaging in preparation of sale
- Implement farm safety procedures at all times
- Academic background in Agriculture, preferably degree level- agricultural economics, agronomy, agriculture
- Must have at least 2 years’ experience in a commercial farm environment, managing farm assets and farm labour
- 4-7 years of extensive practical experience and knowledge about cultivating common greenhouse crops.
- Committed to working in a remote environment
- Candidates aged 28 – 40 years are preferred
- Must hold a valid BCE, Driving License
- Deep knowledge of agrochemicals and the permissible residue levels for various markets.
- Must be conversant with greenhouse and open field farming technology
- Keen on learning, growing, and contributing to a small team of experienced people in a dynamic environment
- Ability to work independently while constantly informing management using reports, charts and memos.
How to apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience, please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Farm Manager – Makueni) to email@example.com by or before 18th June 2019
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV.
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for the interviewing process. Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.