Farm Manager Job, Agricultural Jobs January 2021,
Job Title: Farm Manager,
Nature of Job: Full Time,
Industry: Automotive Industry,
Salary: 60,000- 70,000K,
Job Location: Nairobi,
Franciscan Brothers Baraka Agriculture College Farm is one of the Income Generating units of the College.
The objectives of the farm are:
To generate income and contribute to the college financial sustainability
To be a practical resources for education and training on good agriculture practices and farm Business
- Providing practical training space/ground for students and interns.
- Producing adequate and wide range of high-quality farm produce to cater for BAC
- Foodstuff and supply to Baraka agriculture Green Market
- Developing and implementing approved farm plans.
- Developing and implementing of quality assurance framework
- Managing and developing production employees in their units to achieve establishedgoals of safety, environmental performance, production volumes, quality, serviceand cost.
- Ensuring production employees in their units are properly oriented and trained.
- Developing and implementing continuous improvement within their unit’semployees’ performance through regular feedback, coaching and training.
- Ensuring that their units are enhancing the college’s spirit of excellence,profitability and sustainability.
- Reviewing, analyzing and making recommendations regarding safety, environmentalperformance, quality, profitability, expenses, productivity, and customer feedback.
- Developing and/or implementing sectional reporting as required.
- Managing and controlling the unit’s production budget.
- Maintaining a high standard of professional knowledge, ethics and practices whendealing with customers, suppliers, peers, support staff, line managers and other keystakeholders of Baraka Agriculture College.
- Conducting oneself in a professional manner that reflects integrity and respecttowards customers, suppliers, peers, support staff, line managers and other keystakeholders of BAC.
- Understanding, supporting and adhering to the college’s health and safety policies,programs and procedure by communicating and promoting health and safetyawareness to coworkers and support staff.
- Liaising with the colleges’ auditors/appointed auditors in conducting the college’squarterly inventory count.
- Giving specifications for raw materials complying to quality standards for processing.
- Keeping records and observing quality of the products.
- Maintaining of machines and equipment.
- Diploma in Farm management/sustainable Agriculture/General Agriculture and 2 years’ experience in Farm Management or certificate in Farm management/sustainable Agriculture/General Agriculture and 3 years’ experience in Farm Management
- Sound knowledge and demonstrable success of providing leadership in a productionenvironment.
- Effective team builder with demonstrated abilities
- Proven experience of coordinating business direction.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate all levels of personnel.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Highly motivated and self-driven.
- Managing and measuring key performance indicators. Clearly assigns responsibilityfor tasks and decisions; Sets clear objectives and measures; Monitors processes,progress and results; Designs feedback loops into work.
- Driving for results by being bottom-line oriented; Continuously using self and othersfor results; Can be counted on to meet and exceed goal successfully.
- Developing Direct Reports and others
- Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments: Holds frequent development and feedback discussions: Understands each person’s goals andambitions: Constructs compelling development plans and executes them: Pushespeople to accept development moves, takes on those who need help and furtherdevelopment; and is a People builder.
- Directing others – Good at establishing clear directions and ensuring they areunderstood; lays out work in a well-planned and organized manner; maintains two dialogues with others on work and results.
- Building effective teams – Defines success in terms of whole team, shares wins andsuccess, creates strong morale and spirit in his/her team; Lets people finish and beresponsible for their work.
- Problem solving – Looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answer, using vigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions;
- Probes all fruitful sources for answers, and sees hidden problems and is excellent athonest analysis.
- Informing – Provides the information people need to know in order to do their jobsand to feel good about being a member of the team of the production unit; Providesindividuals with timely information so that they can make accurate decisions.
- Articulating the strengths and limitation of people inside and outside the college; isa good judge of talent; can accurately project what people are likely to do across a variety of situations.
- Keeping updated records of all enterprises in the farm.
Applications including relevant testimonials and salary expectations should be addressed to the undersigned to reach Baraka Agriculture College NOT LATER THAN 3.00pm on FRIDAY 15TH January, 2021.
The Human Resource Manager
Baraka Agriculture College
P.O BOX 52-20106 Molo.
Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.orgN.B: Would you like us to consider you for a job opening? Boost your job search. Upload Your CV Here. It's FREE