Expansion & Business Development Lead – Telecommunication Jobs, Sales & Marketing Jobs, Business Management Jobs, Project Management Jobs, Jobs in Nairobi.
Our client is an internet service provider whose main aim is to provide affordable and reliable internet solutions to rural and unconnected communities thus bridging the digital divide. They seek to hire an Expansion & Business Development Lead who will be tasked with introducing the company’s services to new areas within the country, therefore, growing the company’s customer base.
This is ultimately a Commercial role that will involve managing cross-discipline teams to deliver expansion from end to end.
Title: Expansion & Business Development Lead – Telecommunication
Location: Nairobi with frequent travels within the counties
Reports to: Commercial Director
- Lead and/or participate in expansion trips for the purposes of understanding the local market, gathering competitive intelligence, finding leads and identifying customer requirements.
- Build a high-quality sales pipeline of qualified leads in selected customer segments and/or geographies and ensure all leads are tracked within the company’s sales systems.
- Develop a comprehensive technical understanding of company product lines and how they can serve the business needs of Corporate customers
- Work closely with the Technical Team to determine the technical solution design and cost model for new areas, including both core infrastructure and customer solutions.
- Develop and deliver the business case to support expansion, ensuring that both revenue and cost targets are met to realize return on investment for each new area.
- Work closely with the Technical and/or Sales team to develop customer proposals and generate sales quotes, as well as convert leads to customers.
- Work with the Technical Project Manager to develop the implementation plan and oversee the build, installation, and handover to business as usual on time and budget.
- Manage the customer journey throughout the expansion process. Work closely with Commercial and Technical teams to sign customers and ensure timely implementation and handover to Customer Service & Corporate Account Management.
- Contribute to product development by providing input to Product teams, including competitive intelligence and customer feedback on existing products and emerging customer needs.
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management/Project Management or a related field of study.
- At least 8 years of project management and sales experience, 5 of these in a managerial role.
- Experience leading and managing large-scale programs and complex projects with cross-discipline teams, ideally for Telcos and/or ISPs in challenging environments such as remote/rural areas
- Strong customer-facing skills with proven ability to build and manage relationships at an executive level. B2B sales experience preferred.
- Experience building business cases and financial models to support decision making at an executive level.
- Creative problem solver who thrives on challenges and can cope with limited resources.
- Comfortable working in a high-pressure, ambiguous environment, with the ability to adapt to changing priorities.
- Strong technical knowledge of core infrastructure and connectivity solutions preferred
- Willing and able to travel for extended periods of time.
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualifications and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Expansion & Business Development Lead- Telecommunication) to email@example.com on or before Monday 19th August 2019.
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing.
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.