Executive Chef Jobs, Chef Jobs, Hotel Jobs, Jobs In Nairobi.
Our Client is a well-established Restaurant based in Nairobi that specializes mostly in Intercontinental cuisine. They seek to hire a passionate and highly experienced Executive Chef with International Exposure that will be responsible for all food production and kitchen operations.
Job title: Executive Chef
Reporting to: The General Manager
Salary: Competitive based on experience
- Schedules and coordinates the work of Chefs, Cooks and other kitchen employees to ensure food preparation is economical, technically correct and within budgeted labor cost goals.
- Ensures that high standards of hygiene, cleanliness and safety are maintained throughout all kitchen areas at all times.
- Evaluates food products to ensure that the companies quality standards are consistently attained
- Prepares necessary data for applicable parts of the budget; projects annual food, labor and other costs and monitor actual financial results and takes corrective action to ensure financial targets are met
- Establishes and maintains controls to minimize food waste and theft
- Safeguards all food handlers work practices by implementing training programs to increase their knowledge about safety, hygiene and accident prevention techniques
- Approves the requisition and purchase of products and other necessary food supplies
- Develops standard recipes and techniques for food preparation and presentation which help to assure consistently high quality
- Implements measures to minimize food costs; exercises portion control for all items served and works with the Food & Beverage controller in establishing menu selling prices.
- Consult with the Food & Beverage Controller about the food production aspects of special events and banquets.
- Ensures proper staffing, maximum productivity and exceptional quality standards; controls food and wage costs to achieve maximum profitability.
- The Executive Chef develops policies and procedures to enhance and measure quality; continually updating written policies and procedures to incorporate state-of-the-art techniques, equipment and terminology.
- Diploma in Food Production.
- Maths & English to grade C GCSE level (or equivalent)
- A minimum of 6 years working experience
- NVQ level 2/3 in food preparation and cookery (or equivalent qualification)
- Food safety Certificate (HACCP) and Hygiene Training
- Must have previous experience of cooking and food preparation in a high-volume environment
- Excellent interpersonal/oral communication and customer service skills.
- The ability to work on own initiative.
- Ability to lead and motivate.
- Excellent organizational and management skills.
- Ability to handle challenging situations and problem solve.
- Flexible attitude to working hours
- Organization and time management skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Executive Chef- Restaurant) to email@example.com before 17th July 2019.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV.
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing. Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.