Executive Chef Job, Chef Jobs, Jobs In Nairobi.
Our Client is a well established 4-star Hotel in Nairobi. They are seeking to hire an Executive Chef who will be in charge of all other staff in the kitchen section with the key role of supervising and training chef-de-parties, cooks and all kitchen staff to ensure order, compliance to set standards, discipline and speedy dispensation of food orders.
Reporting to: The General Manager
- Produce high quality dishes that follow up the established menu and level up to location’s standards, as well as to clients’ requirements
- Make sure the hygiene and food safety standards are met in all stages of food preparation, starting with the ingredients and ending with the finished dish which leaves the kitchen door
- Champions menu costing in liaison with the cost controller and monitors food cost and accounts for a rise or deep in the same
- Plan the food design in order to create a perfect match between the dish’s aspect and its taste
- Ensures that basic preparations; Deboning, Portioning, Peeling, Cutting, etc. are properly done avoiding unnecessary wastage
- Establish the working schedule and organize the work in the kitchen so that everything works seamlessly
- Conduct performance management for employees in the kitchen and maintain order and discipline in the kitchen during working hours
- Train the auxiliary kitchen staff in order to provide best results in minimum time and maximizing the available resources.
- Developing a cross-marketing strategy in order to increase profit, such as pairing drinks with the food served
- Make sure that the professional equipment is in good condition and signal any malfunction before it affects the staff or the clients.
- Diploma in Food Production
- Eight years’ experience, three of which must have been as a Sous Chef and above in a 4- or 5-star establishment
- HACCP and hygiene training
- Demonstrates a high level of supervisory, training and coaching skills.
- Operates with a high degree of professionalism, ethics and integrity
- Prepared to commit a great deal of time and effort in order to succeed, often days can be stretched from 10 hours to 12 hours or more depending on the business demands.
- High end food preparation skills, an outstanding attitude and very good people
How To Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Executive-Chef- Hospitality) to email@example.com before 11th December 2018.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV.
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing.
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.