Consultancy Job, Latest NGO Jobs In Kenya 2021,
This project seeks to strengthen interfaith relations and provide employment opportunities for youth in the coastal region starting with Mombasa and Kwale. The project intends to reach these two interlinked specific objectives through four outcomes.
Outcome (1) focuses on strengthening the interfaith dialogue among different religious groups through the creation of interfaith dialogue platforms that will enable better open deliberations, including holding joint public sensitization. Outcome (2) focuses on contributing to the acquisition of life skills of the 3,000 beneficiaries using integrated methodologies, which has been proven to reduce stress, anxiety, and depression, and promote teamwork, communication, confidence, and leadership. Outcome (3) focuses on supporting the development of income generating activities that would broaden the livelihood opportunities for youth and deter them from being recruited into violent extremism but also stimulate cooperation among youth with different religious backgrounds. Outcome (4) focuses on creating and disseminating evidence-based knowledge on the constructive power of interfaith dialogue and socio-economic activities.
Scope and Purpose of Evaluation:
The end of project evaluation will cover the whole period of the project from the start date of July 1st, 2019, to last implementation date of June 30th, 2021. It will cover the two target counties of Kwale and Mombasa with a thematic focus on strengthening interfaith relations, youth employment/entrepreneurship, preventing youth from becoming involved in violent groups, policy influencing, partnerships, collaboration, and consortium management.
The evaluation will assess the pilot project performance. More specifically looking at the relevance of the concept, effectiveness and efficiency in delivery, and impact and sustainability of the Shared Futures (Together4Good) project that ends on June 30th 2021.
Additionally, the evaluation is to draw lessons including highlighting unique human-interest stories, good practices and make recommendations for enhancing the design and implementation of next phase of the Shared Futures project and other similar future projects.
The evaluation team is expected to provide an analysis of attainment of the overall and specific objectives of the project, considering the completed outcomes, outputs, and activities during the 2 years period, based on the indicators as defined in the logical framework and theory of change
Key tasks and deliverables:
Key tasks of the consultant
The consultant/ firm will be required to use focus group discussions as well as any other
appropriate techniques to collect views from different stakeholders represented in the target
counties. They will:
- Conduct a desk review of background material.
- Design the study methodology.
- Carry out the study in the field and ensure that all the specific objectives are covered.
- Analyze the data and prepare a report with recommendations.
- Facilitate a validation/sharing workshop of the study findings (virtual)
- After receiving comments, prepare the final report.
- An inception report, outlining details of activities with proposed methodology, timeline,
and delivery dates – 1 week after engagement.
- Draft report 2 weeks after fieldwork
- Final report with all input from stakeholders 1 week after receiving feedback from
- Annexes – The report should have annexes of all the documents reviewed as well as
stakeholders consulted as part of the evaluation exercise.
Expectations of the report
The report should be presented in a simple and easy to understand English language. It should
be a maximum of 40 pages with the following main elements:
- Title page, table of contents, and list of terms
- Executive summary (not more than 2 pages)
- Project description and methodology
- Study findings
Professional and academic requirements of the consultant(s)
The assignment is open to both individuals and firms, but the consultant(s) must demonstrate a
minimum of the following requirements.
- At least post-graduate study in social sciences or related fields.
- Understanding of interfaith relations in the context of Kenya.
- Understanding of issues around youth involvement in violent extremist groups in
- At least five years experience in conducting project evaluation and impact studies.
- Knowledge and expertise in participatory development methodologies.
- Excellent writing, analytical and facilitation skills.
Logistics and timing
Work coordination and logistical support
ICCO/Cordaid support the consultant where needed in making appointments with project
partners/stakeholders (if needed/requested). Necessary information about the project and
logistics will be provided to the consultant.
Timing and Duration
The duration of the assignment is a maximum of 25 working days. The consultant will be expected
to commence work not later than July 28, 2021.
How To ApplyN.B: 1.Dont Miss Out On Your Next Job. Let's Have Your CV. Upload Your CV Here. NB: 2. How Can I Advance In My Career?. Check Out Best Training For Your Profession.