Our client is a Clinical Trials Research Project based in Thika currently conducting clinical trials and is looking for motivated individual to fill a Driver position. The individual role will be to drive organization vehicles and to perform a wide variety of office support and administrative duties in support of the administration department.
Reports to: Administrator
Terms of employment
Employment is a one year renewable contract with a probation period for the first 3 months. Salary is negotiable within the appropriate grade depending on education, experience and demonstrated competency.
- To drive site vehicles carefully at all times and ensure safety of the passengers, other road users, and the assigned vehicle;
- To transport participants, staff, visitors and deliveries when required
- Shipment of study samples to respective laboratories
- To ensure high level of professionalism while handling clients
- To ensure cleanliness of site vehicles at all times
- To perform thorough vehicle inspection before use
- Perform minor maintenance of vehicles and reporting all defects
- Recording time and mileage logs at all times
- To indicate the vehicle fuel and service costs
- To ensure all vehicle reports are done and submitted as per scheduled date;
- Checking all statutory requirements of all vehicles
- Adherence to vehicle maintenance schedules
- Proper and prompt reporting of any accident or damage involving site vehicles
- To assist in other duties in the office as assigned by the immediate supervisor when not undertaking driving duties
Education and Professional training
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education or its equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution
- A minimum of Four (4) years in a busy institution
- Basic computer training
- Valid and clean Driving License classes –A,B,C, and E(PSV License will be an added advantage)
- Basic mechanical or equivalent certification will be an added advantage
- Experience working in and knowledge of Nairobi County and its environs
- Good communication skills
- Good organizational skills
- Honesty and reliability
- Basic Computer Skills
How To Apply
- All applicants must meet each selection criteria detailed in the minimum requirements.
- Must include a current CV with names of at least 2 referees.
- Must include copies of academic and professional certificates.
- Must include a copy of certificate of good conduct.
A duly signed application letter indicating the vacancy reference with copies of documents listed above should be sent to: email@example.com not later than 21st September, 2019.
PHRD is an equal opportunity employer and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.