Deputy Director Jobs, latest Procurement Jobs,
Job Title Deputy Director, Procurement, Logistics and Supply Chain,
Marie Stopes Kenya (MSK) has been operational in Kenya for 35 years. It is the largest provider of family planning services in Kenya and offers life-saving and life-enhancing services to men and women of all ages through a range or sexual and reproductive health service through its own clinic outlets, a network of franchise outlets branded Amua, and the marketing of RH commodities. In addition, MSK has an MCH 24 bed nursing home in Nairobi.
MSK seeks to recruit a Deputy Director in its Finance & Procurement Department. Reporting to the Director of Finance & procurement, this role is responsible for providing strategic procurement and supply chain management and leadership, ensuring appropriate systems, procedures and controls are in place and fullyimplemented as an integral part of all staff responsibilities to support the continued growth of the country programme.
Leadership of a team providing all procurement, logistics, warehousing and support to the MSK programme.
- Team planning and objective setting for the department including team mentorship.
- Performance Management of the team to ensure that the team has clear and achievable Objectives, Goals Strategy & Measures (OGSMs).
- Close collaboration with the Line Manager to support strategic development of the department.
- Representation of the department in external and internal meetings
Development, implementation and oversight of all procurement systems and practices
- Ensure MSK procurement policies and procedures comply with MSI global policies and donor regulations
- Continuous improvement of MSK’s systems and procedures
- Supervision of procurement activities to ensure adherence to policies and best practice
- Collaborate with other MSK teams to accurately forecast purchasing demands
- Determine best methods of purchase, utilising new systems technologies as appropriate
- Understand and keep abreast with new procurement trends, report to management and develop corresponding changes in procurement policies and practices
- Negotiate contracts I your department that conform to MSK policies, seek the best package in terms of quality, price, terms, delivery, and value-added services
- Manage suppliers – together with members of PROCOM carry out source audits and develop alternative suppliers’ lists
Development, implementation and oversight of all logistics and assets management
- Development of systems for assets and logistics management
- Monitoring and oversight of MSK assets to ensure assets are well maintained and controlled
- Work with internal teams and suppliers to develop emergency plans for critical supplies/services
- Periodically re-assess supply risks and develop corresponding mitigation plans
- Ensure that our internal systems are regularly updated and comply with MSI quality for medical supplies
- Manage disposal / resale of equipment / items no longer needed
- Research, identify design and implement tools, systems and best practices to achieve continuous improvement goals
- Ensure all stocks are warehoused correctly and that minimum/maximum quantities are appropriate and adhered to
- Develop and maintain a quality supply chain, ensuring that all MSK service points have sufficient supplies at all times
Development, implementation and oversight of all MSK fleet management
- Ensure MSK vehicles are fully optimised and well maintained
- Ensure that Track-Point is fully utilised and all vehicles tracked at all times
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar position at senior management level, with ideally both NGO and private sector
- Excellent knowledge of supply chain management
Qualifications and Training (essential/desirable)
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a business-related course
- A certified and active member of the Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (CIPS)
- A Master’s degree in a Business course is desirable.
- Pro choice
- Ability to handle heavy workloads; and meet stringent reporting deadlines
- Strategic thinker with excellent analytical skills
- Hands-on experience with supply chain systems
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels. Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Excellent leadership and management aptitude as well as leading diverse teams
- Cross-functional team player
- The highest levels of integrity, strong ethical attitude
- Excellent leadership and management aptitude leading diverse teams at a distance.
- Strong commitment to the goals and vision of the Marie Stopes as well as behaviours and values as outlined below.
Behaviours and Values
Successful performance at MSK is not simply defined in terms of ‘what’ people achieve, but equally is about ‘how’ people go about their jobs and the impact that they have on others.
Work as One MSI
- You contribute, use, and share accurate data and evidence to improve understanding, insight and decision-making across MSI, enabling us to maximise our ability to influence others.
- You share relevant knowledge, expertise and resources to strengthen teamwork and prevent duplication of effort.
- You actively work as part of a team, providing support and flexibility to colleagues, demonstrating fairness, understanding and respect for all people and cultures.
Show courage, authenticity and integrity
- You hold yourself accountable for the decisions you make and the behaviours you demonstrate.
- You are courageous in challenging others and taking appropriate managed risks.
Develop and grow
- You seek feedback to enable greater self-awareness and provide the same to others in a way which inspires them to be even more effective.
- You manage your career development including keeping your knowledge and skills up to date.
Deliver excellence, always
- You strive to consistently meet and exceed expectations, putting clients at the centre of everything, and implement smarter, more efficient ways of performing your role.
- You build and maintain effective long-term working relationships with all stakeholders, and are a true MSI ambassador.
- You inspire individuals and teams, through situational leadership, providing clear direction.
- You seek and provide opportunities which motivate team members, helping to develop skills and potential whilst strengthening our talent and succession pipeline.
- You are aware of emerging developments in our sector, demonstrating strategic insight about our clients and business and encourage this in your team.
- You articulate a vision of the future which inspires and excites others.
- Mission driven: With unwavering commitment, we exist to empower women and men to have children by choice not chance.
- Client centred: We are passionate about our clients and dedicate our efforts to delivering agreed objectives to the highest possible quality.
- Accountable: We are accountable for our actions and take responsibility for everything we do to ensure long term sustainability and increased impact.
- Courageous: We recruit and nurture talented, passionate and brave people who have the courage to push boundaries, make tough decisions and challenge others in line with our mission.
How to apply
Suitable and qualified candidates should email one document combining an application letter and CV to email@example.com on or before 19th May 2020. The subject of the email should read Deputy Director, Procurement, Logistics & Supply Chain. Do not attach certificates and testimonials. Marie Stopes Kenya is an equal opportunity employer and does not ask for fees at any stage of the recruitment process. Successful candidates must abide by MSI’s Antifraud & Bribery Policy and Safeguarding Policy, including protection of children and vulnerable adults. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.N.B: Would you like us to consider you for a job opening? Boost your job search. Upload Your CV Here. It's FREE