Credit Controller Job, Credit Control Jobs 2021,
We seek to hire an experienced Credit Controller who will be tasked with accountability for the entire credit management process, including the consistent application of a credit policy, periodic credit reviews of existing customers, and the assessment of the creditworthiness of potential customers, with the goal of optimizing Sales and minimizing bad debt losses. He/she will be required to support the Sales team in meeting their collections targets and preparing weekly reports highlighting any potential credit risks.
- Reconcile debtors sub-ledger to General ledger
- Maintain weekly collections as per agreed forecasts
- Identify changes in payment patterns and propose action to avert indebtedness
- Share monthly sales/tonnage analysis reports
- Maintain an updated collection report
- Research disputes and resolve queries within specified timeframes, manage disputes related to Collections
- Daily posting and allocation of receipts
- Provide information for recommending bad debts provision in line with credit policy
- Ensure all Client reconciliation issues are raised with respective departments and sorted and/or escalated to the Finance Director
- Follow up Withholding VAT not remitted by customers
- Ensure Withholding VAT certificates are correctly posted in debtors ledger
- Collect all outstanding debt from customers within the credit control policy and as per set targets.
- Ensure correct weekly debtors reports circulation for debtors meeting and cash inflow forecasts
- Ensure monthly debtors’ statements generation and emailing.
- Ensure credit accounts are created in the system with all requisite KYC information.
- Co-ordinate monthly collection meetings.
- Present analysis to support credit application for accounts with exceeded credit limit or terms.
- Secretary to the credit committee ensuring timely provision of information and follow up on corrective action.
- Supervise debt collection through third party
- Monitor the actual and projected exposure against credit limit.
- Circulate debtor statements to clients as per set timelines.
- Ensure credit policy relevancy, compliancy, and adherence (Held, Suspended Accounts)
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration.
- At least CPA part 2 qualification.
- 5 years’ experience in a busy credit control department
- Proficient in spreadsheets, databases, MS Office and financial software applications
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to perform multiple tasks and meet critical deadlines while maintaining accuracy and quality.
- Proven ability to make complex and time-sensitive decisions in the best interests of the organization.
- Strong analytical and organizational abilities with great attention to detail
- Ability to work alone with minimum supervision.
- High level of integrity, resilient and energetic individual
How To Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Credit Controller) to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before Friday 19th February 2021.