Country Director Jobs, Director Jobs, Jobs In Uganda.
Our client is a growing farming company looking to hire a Country Director in Uganda who will lead the implementation of our operations and champion their growth in Uganda with frequent travel to our field offices in Northern Uganda.
Title: Country Director – Uganda
Gross salary: Competitive
He/ She will lead the execution, keep us on track and push us forward, evolve their culture as needed, building the team and individuals, keeping everyone motivated and focused. He/ She will also sharpen their business model in a largely unexplored market, spearhead an agile experimentation mindset as they implement strategic initiatives while working with the senior leadership team to build a smooth consistent execution machine.
- Work with the Regional Manager towards credit performance targets being met, including both sales numbers as well as quality of the loan portfolio.
- Liaise closely with the Head of Operations to drive a culture of improvement, efficiency, and effectiveness in all areas and processes.
- Keep impact metrics top of mind and work to ensure that all of the outputs are focused on increasing income for our farming customers.
- Lead market exploration for new branch (es) as well as a new region to expand into by 2021.
- Rally the team behind expansion and growth efforts, ensuring that people are motivated and excited by our developments.
- Work with the Operations Director on building out processes and systems that allow for, or even encourage, replication of branches and regions.
- Preparing for growth across the country, move the headquarters from the field (Gulu) to Kampala (a centralized location), ensuring we maintain a fun and cohesive team culture and thinking through how it will affect team dynamics, logistics, and oversight of performance.
- Work closely with the CEO to develop strategies for the achievement of our vision.
- Work with the CEO to think through and refine key strategic initiatives that will ensure they moves towards scalability and profitability.
- Lead quarterly in-country planning processes and work with the CEO on the annual planning process.
- Keep abreast with trends, evolving realities and needs in the sector and raise opportunities to the CEO and Senior Leadership Team
- Role model and spearhead an enabling team leadership and performance management style that trickles down to build an effective culture across all offices.
- Act as the chief culture officer, making sure that the team embodies their values and everyone is aligned to the company culture.
- Oversee HR within Uganda, including ensuring all key positions are filled, managers are supported, and the organizational structure is consistently revisited to maintain effectiveness.
- Have at least 10-12 years of professional experience with at least 5-7 years in leadership positions
- At least in one of your last roles you had experience in a fast-growing company, and you were part of the critical thinking needed to achieve the growth.
- At least three years of experience in an impact-driven environment, preferably in a rural or field environment.
- Demonstration of past results leading in uncertain environments and know how to promote adaptability, agility and lead people through change.
- Have managed team leaders before, enabling them to get the desired results through their teams.
- Have a background in business and a naturally strong business acumen.
- Able to push boundaries and strive for top results. Able to motivate a team to achieve and surpass set goals.
- Are solution-oriented and look at problems as opportunities to overcome. You are resilient and can inspire the team through moments of adversity.
- Believe that markets are made to be disrupted and can think creatively of new ways to fill a market gap.
- Have had responsibility for a significant budget, including taking decisions for investment and re-allocations.
- Preferably have: experience with farmers and/or agriculture.
- Preferably have: experience in financial services to serve those excluded.
- Passionate about social impact and improving the lives of those in the last mile.
- An MBA or Masters in Economics is an added advantage.
Want to apply?
- Prepare your CV and tailor it to this opportunity, showcasing your relevant past roles clearly
- Prepare the application video as outlined under http://bit.ly/CycleConnectCD – then submit your application via the form under the same link.
- Got any questions? Email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Note: The selection process for this role will be carried out in collaboration with edge (edgeperformance.co.ke). All official communication for this search will come from email addresses in the domains cycleconnect.org or edgeperformance.co.ke